Failed class

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by khaotic, Jun 13, 2011.

1. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

The school year has been long gone, but I just added my classes for next year. Extremely down atm. I guess it makes me feel a little better knowing that this was the hardest course I've ever taken and that I know people in the same boat. But still a total bummer. Never thought I would fail a class or there would ever be the potential to fail one at all.

:facepalm:

2. Shit I know the feeling bro.. Had that happened to me twice.. There are really no words of consolation, aside from just standing tall and taking it again.

Good luck

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Get up and take it again. It gets you ready for the second attempt.

4. is this for college/uni?

5. reno

reno Well-Known Member

learn from the mistakes, and next time will be a different result =)

especially now that you know its hard, just means next time around, spend more time on the areas u know u need to
    and cramming doesn't always work...

6. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

GAM BAR DEER AND ADD OIL KHA KHA !! retake it and smash it next time !!!!!

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

that means you'lll do even better the 2nd time around which is a good thing

8. 3liminator

3liminator Well-Known Member

Retaking it once is not that bad. My friend retook organic chemistry 4 times lol.

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Do u have to pay extra fees for retaking?

But anyhow.. goodluck~

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Having confidence is great, but being overly confident or walking in full of hubris (mind, I'm not saying you, but just in general) leaves a student vulnerable to being blindsided by just how difficult some subject matter can be. I'm sure you already know the value of leaving time to study and getting enough rest, caloric and vitamin intake, so I won't belabor those issues.

The one thing that I myself became acutely aware of was that the quality and direction of instruction sometimes doesn't necessarily synch with every student. That is, some teachers don't seem to reach particular students with their specific manner of subject approach and or their teaching style. I would suggest that if you do take a course over, make sure that you don't get the same instructor simply because a new way of being taught may awaken a spark of learning that wasn't apparent with the other instructor. I also remember a variety of friends through life that have told me relatively the same thing, that they too, had tremendous trouble with certain subjects until a particular instructor or teacher came along. Then, like a veil being lifted, the matter suddenly became crystal clear and astonishingly easy. I found this to be the case too with textbooks. One specific recommended text (usually by the instructor) may not be the best at teaching the matter. Arguably, it's the same person standing in front of the lecture hall, but transposed onto a printed page; if he can't talk you into understanding while he's standing in front of you, I doubt that looking at him speak to you from a written page is going to be any clearer. Thus, I would suggest getting several other texts on the same matter from other sources.

Failing one class is not absolute failure in life; it's all a part of life's education. Being able to weather the adversity and picking one's self up again? That's the real test. Good luck ;)

11. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i totally understand your feelings right nows...ive been there too...and yeshh i was the same...
    ubber disappointed with myself....but after a few days the news sorta sinks in and ya just sorta
    pick ya self up...and looky at the options you have right nows...try not to take too long sinking in
    that 'feel sowie' for yourself state....

good luck....add oil~~~~!