Fala Chan as Sing Yat Mei

Discussion in 'A Journey Called Life - 金石良緣' started by tien317, Apr 17, 2008.

1. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is Fala acting as a brat and greedy girl. And i think she potrays it very well. I find it annoying that she and Raymond chose wealth over love and dignity.Sigh. It has beem widely circulated and can be seen in the theme video that she will be pregnant and somehow die in the series.

2. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Ay, Fala Chen never seems to get good characters for series. Always the brat that needs money or guys who are rich. If she stayed with Raymond Cho, i wonder if they can last long enough? It's possible but under their characteristics, it's all about money. But it would suck if she really dies later on in the series.

3. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Fala seems to be playing her character quite well. We all know that Raymond and her love money too much so its hard for them to be together.

But when they first broke up (episode 12), it was confusing because after they broke up they still met up and discuss their masterplan. That implied to me that they are still together and was just trying to get some money out of the circumstances. Afterwards it was clear that they did officially broke up and Raymond still has some feelings for her.

4. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Fala's doing a pretty good job. I think both she and Raymond still have feelings for each other. They're just too materialistic, and they know it, so they decide to put aside their feelings and go for wealth instead. Raymond's character is a very opportunistic one and he's a high seeker on the corporate ladder. However, he always forgets his father's advice to 'keok dap sat dei'!!

5. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Fala still cannot act. She has problems expressing herself to the Chinese (Cantonese) audience.
    I hate her. B*ZZ

6. tien317

I think credits need to be given to Fala. She can act but limited roles now. But who knows she can make a breakthrough like Linda, I never expected Linda to play 'vulgar' roles so well.

#6 tien317, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  7. dreyvii

^ I agree. Everyone deserves a fair chance. I used to think Kate sucked big time, but walla, she wins an award in the HKFA!! WTH? So, I think Fala deserves to be given a chance to prove herself worthy. And she can't help having that little mandarin slang in her conversations. Her canto is considered quite good for a relatively new artist who previously couldn't speak much canto.

8. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

^^ What was her natural tongue?

IF she wants to win the audience, she needs better roles. Being cast into the evil ones won't do them very goods.

9. tien317

She speaks English well. From Chengdu,China.Went to United States for education at the age of 15 (correct me if I'm wrong). The thing with Fala is she seems to have an attitude problem. I remember watching a short interview done by TVB's GM : the Be My Guest host, where Fala says that in entertainment circle, there must be no friends. I und her point and all but the way she says it is like she is a class higher than all of the artistes....

#9 tien317, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  10. dreyvii

^ Does she speak English that well? Cos in Ep 15, while she was speaking to her maid, I had a hard time catching what she said. I think Linda speaks better, more crisp English. Lol. Maybe I'm biased.

To Espresso: True, you need a good role to win the audience, but people get sick of it when all you can do is play the goodie two shoes all the time. Haha...maybe it's good that people hate her now, they pay so much attention into hating her that later, when she does have a good role to play, people will finally notice her and give her credit she deserves :)

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

haha joker. never knew fala was from vancouver.

12. dmogg29

dmogg29 Active Member

She's not that good at acting but I think she has potential. She just has to keep at it.

13. slk86

slk86 Active Member

she spoke some english in heart of greed and it was quite good.. so yeah i think she can speak english well.

14. dreyvii

^ Nope, I listened to her English in HOG, and she still has a very "Chinese" way of pronouncing her words.

15. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Her English was decent in HoG. Her English here was purposedly butchered to make her "HK". Also, I think all Chinese people will continuously have some accent (no matter how minute)..

16. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

She needs skimpier clothing!!

I don't think she has enough star power to headline with any better parts. She has a long way to go in comparison to some of the other chicks.

17. dreyvii

^Skimpier clothing? Haha...is that supposed to be a sarcastic statement? I think she's already sexy enough, or at least...trying very hard to be.

18. little_angel_846

little_angel_846 Active Member

omg! i never knew she dies in the end?!?!?! o_O
    yesterday's preview showed her hitting linda with a car!!! omg if i was steven i would be so mad!!!
    the character of her in this show fix her really well...I think she can never act an innocent girl!!!
    buh her acting is okay here..more room for improvements though.
    just that i really hate her in this show! hahah....

19. bbes

bbes Incredible

she is ok in acting but its all gd as she makes it up with her looks lol.

20. tien317

She is doing quite well in AJCL but I think she needs to improve. (sorry to her fans) But after watching episode 19, I think she needs to handle her emotion like angry and sad better.

SPOILERS
    Eg:the scene she did her abortion and Steven scolded her, and her apologizing to Steven. I felt sorry for her not bcoz of her acting, but bcoz her poor dressing guided her scene.