First thoughts and impressions ?

Discussion in 'Men with No Shadows - 不速之約' started by shinobi, Sep 12, 2011.

1. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

I didn't watch death note but from what I read, this series does seem to have similar elements to it. What this series reminded me of was the movie Meet Joe Black. I think Bobby is a good actor so I'll continue to watch it. I laughed when Raymond said his name was Typhoon and the street name in episode 2 was pretty funny as well.

2. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

haha to lam fung st. the stupid apple reminds me of twilight. I feel like this story is pretty lame. It reminds me of that series with ada choi as janet bean which was essentially...a flop!

3. i think bobby's lab assistant is hotter lol whatever her name is....

possibly the way she dresses has something to do with it....

#43 Akki, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  4. Tavia & Sire hot nurses! :eat:

tav hair is a bit too short in the back... looks like a guys cut a bit.

#44 shinobi, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

Raymond cannot act. He has not improved since the early days when he was fat. His acting is suited to this normalcy. He tries excessively and every role he plays he out performs it. He does not live it, or breathe it.

Irking years ago, irking now. He has not changed..

6. Dragon*D

Dragon*D Well-Known Member

cool series, although not original still good to see it in hk culture style....

7. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Really? Her name's Catherine Chau, always have those supporting roles. Sister Fa's bff in the previous series XD

8. Espresso

LAM FUNG cannot act, nor is he attractive, nor does he have any charisma. I have no idea why people like him.

He was a fat fk long ago, and now his face has nothing distinct. His eyes are like pea pods. He's an irritating fk.

9. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^ just curious. if lam fung cant act, tell me which 'siu sungs' can?

10. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

I still don't understand what Raymond is trying to portray.

At the beginning, he seems to be quite expressionless. Is this supposed to be "character development", when he is a 魔鬼 he does not display his emotions because he does not know what emotions a human would portray in those situations?

It seems slowly there is more emotions with every "event", but still all Raymond does is just staring most of the time. I guess he was also lost in the series wondering how to portray this role. He himself said that he didn't have references to follow suit, so he followed his gut feeling.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^ yea i agree man. This series is all over the place.....i'm getting a headache.

12. you guys are hating! he has emotions now because he has more interaction with "humans" :p if you don't like it...stop watching -lol-whistle

13. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

its what i'm saying. he is getting more emotions because he is learning what it means to be human. I guess in Raymond's mind when he was on camera, he thought being a 魔鬼 meant the emotions are expressed differently, but when he morphed into his "human form" he thought that a 魔鬼 wouldn't know how to express himself, or what to express.

14. xsugarx

xsugarx Well-Known Member

Not a very captivating show. Not really connecting with the characters yet, and it doesn't draw me in. Too soon too tell.

15. you guy are hating! stop watching the show if you guy hate it so much. instead of bitching at it.

16. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

wow you must jealous of his look or anti-lam fung.

Do we care if he fat or skinny? I think you shouldn't watch this series.

17. nice twist at the end of ep 6 :shifty:

18. Peloi

Peloi Well-Known Member

Saw the trailer, seems ok, after a few eps, watching for girls and Bobby, Raymond is a decent actor, I wouldn't say award great but beats most of what TVB has to offer.

19. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

who is bobby's sister?

ah mui?

20. Espresso

damn.. this series is getting lame and dumb.