Food Combinations that will kill you (Asian Myths)

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by [N], Oct 8, 2011.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

I never tried this combination cause i remember once upon a time my parents told me it would kill you. Is it a myth? (Most likely hahahha) Any other combinations of normal food that you heard would kill you?

Tofu And Honey
    Leaving Chicken outside (centipede will piss on it and kill you :facepalm:)
    Drinking Chinese and American Medicine together (This one might actually be bad)

2. hannah666

hannah666 Well-Known Member

my parents told me about spinach and tofu (i think) it was in the drama pillow case of mystery. it was the part about bobby's first wife's brother.

and i heard the one about tofu pudding and honey. i tried putting honey in the tofu pudding (did not eat it), i came back to it like 15 mins after and the honey is gone...dont know what happened to it

3. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

north almond and south almondd

4. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Ugh, Havn't heard of that, but I have heard of some stuff that you shouldn't eat with others not because it will mix in your stomache and become posionous, but because the effects of the food will give you some weird ass side effects or something. But yeah never eat chinese and western medicine together.

5. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

Try drinking
    Sugar Honey Ice Tea
    It's like drinking SHIT

6. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

milk + orange juice is fun when you're constipated and want a major stomach ache and shit

7. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

When i was little my mom told me that beyond the bridge by my house ( i asked my mom what was there when i was a lil kid) the world ends. That scared me from investigating which is a good thing i guess.

8. I have heard there are certain things that you should not be mixed when eaten as it can cause adverse health effects.
    Take for example tomatoes and cucumber. Apparently they should not be eaten together as the cucumber has an enzyme that can decompose the vitamin C from the tomato. This means that the body will not be able to obtain the nutrients when eating tomatoes and cucumbers together.

9. person

person Well-Known Member

Then so much for those healthy salads with both tomatoes and cucumber in them.

As for the spinach and tofu... don't think that is true. Cause there are Chinese dishes that include both spinach and tofu. Like garlic spinach tofu on rice or whatever.

10. Grimninja

Grimninja Well-Known Member

Never really been told about any such combinations... parents always just say eact eat xD Trying to fatten me up rice haha.