For HORROR fans - List your top 10 favs.!

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by BabyRain, Apr 24, 2007.

1. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

from what i can remember they go to this town which had like loads of vampires....

but the really bad ass vampire....was really 'into' listening to this particular tune on a fob watch so to attract the vampire to capture it..they used the fob watch...but then it broke and the 'to dai jai' had to whistle the tune instead or something....

anyways couldnt find no pics...but i took a pic of the video :)

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:

[​IMG]

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^LOL, never watched that before I think!

3. brown_bear

^ well i can tell ya..you aint missing much....as from what i can remember that movie wasnt all that great ;)

i'll sell it to ya if ya want -lol.....j.k

4. BabyRain

^Haha ok, no wonder it wasn't that famous!
    But Mr. Vampire was great though :p
    And Mr. Vampire 4 is not bad too.

5. brown_bear

^ hahaha....had the big named people in it still i think...guess it didnt do too good....hahaha

yeh id have to agree with ya there mr vampire 1 has got to be the best out of them all...even how it used to scare the hell out of me.....i remember one time me and my bro decided to watch it late at night....and i couldnt sleep for like next 3 days as i kept having nightmares >.<

6. BabyRain

BBearrrrrrrrrrr...
    Do you have this one?
    [youtube]AKuF8aIGTiA[/youtube]

Please upload it if you can have it! HEHE.
    Looking everywhere for it.

7. BabyRain

Bumping this up.
    Recently watched Wind Chill (2007).
    Not the best horror film out there; but it's Hollywood's effort at making a 'chilling' movie.. trapped in a car with a 'stranger' out in the winter...

8. brown_bear

aiyaaa didnt see this till now...-sweat..

sorry i dun have it...
    hope you found it by now ^^

9. BabyRain

^Nope.. can't find it yet! :(

Anyway, finally got a chance to catch Shutter (2004) Thai film, since it was on some of the members' top 10 list.. Wow I must say it's a good, er... great horror film! The storyline was cliche... but the scary scenes.. well coming from me, ya know what to expect! Go get it if u havent watched it and you are a horror fan.

10. BabyRain

LOL, have just caught The Bird (1963) since it was in Hiake's list...
    Ugh, not a good one for me...

11. BabyRain

12. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

It must have certain merit that so many later horrors ripped off the whole "crazy animals in inexplicably large groups attacking humans"... And don't forget that it's nearly more than 40 years ago... Like the Omen (1976) or Rosemary's Baby (1968), can't blame them for the very crude CGI -whistle

13. BabyRain

Hahaha yeah i guess. but it was pretty boring for me...

One thing I notice is people in those days speak so much clearer! LOL. They speak kinda slowly and every word they speak is really clear... What do ya think? I was gonna dl rosemary's baby too since it's in ur list.. er.. is it as boring as the birds? LOL.

14. hiake

*KICKS*

Yes, Rosemary's Baby is yet another one of those horror classics because it was so boring, everyone slept through it and kind of have to praise its artistic merit in fear of repercussions... -devil I guess I was way too young the first time when I saw Birds, got traumatized or something... The whole "birds chomping through the wooden window protector thing" was quite a shock.

Did you ever see The Omen? Did you think it was boring too?

15. BabyRain

I think i haf seen the Omen but it was so long ago.. I have the impression that it was better than the 2006 remake..

16. hiake

It was... Julia Stiles in the 2006 remake was simply stoic and boring... Mrs. Bayer (I think that's the nanny's name) back in the original was CREEPY >.<

17. Yakuzaninja

Yakuzaninja New Member

The Beyond (1981)
    Suspiria (1977)
    The Thing (1982)
    The Fog (1980)
    Videodrome (1983)
    Gin gwai (2002)
    Jaws (1975)
    The Exorcist (1973)
    Alien (1979)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

But there are lots of titles that I could enumerate as my fav. ones...

18. BabyRain

Added to the list Yakuzaninja....
    Hmm the Beyond, Suspiria, Videodrome -> haven't caught those.. r they .. really good?
    "Gin Gwai" what's the English title?