For HORROR fans - List your top 10 favs.!

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by BabyRain, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

@Hiake:As if i were talkin to myself... U r in the picture too! :p

2. BabyRain

Knoc's abusin his power... Pearson wannabe -sweat

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i'm whippin out the list..careful now..ha

4. BabyRain

^List of who to award accelerated VIP status!?!

5. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

The mysterious, possibly non-existent list we've heard of many times?! I am worried now... -unsure

6. Knoctur_nal

think again..
    n hike...damn well better be worried...man..i can go for a good horror flick right about now...

7. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

SAW-my favourites
    wrong turn
    cannibal holocaust
    house of 1000 corpse
    the hills have eyes
    the shutter-thai horror
    the hostel-how ppl especially rich men pay to torture the person he/she hates
    the descent-a group of girls targeted by unknown creatures in the cave
    house of wax
    evil dead

and many more!

8. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

Pulse is a real disappointment...could anybody find it more absurd to use comm signal as a medium for those things...they are like everywhere as long as there is signal...and for the laundry room scene, just another repetition of the scene in the library if i'm not mistaken...the library scene at the beginning really made my head spinned....

9. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Well... pulse was kind of lame in its "scary scenes"... but it had made PERFECT sense to me why they use communication signal as the medium (more apparent in the Japanese original though...)

10. BabyRain

Thanks for list Philostrate :)
    Of ur list, I haven't caught Cannibal Holocaust and the Shutter. I can't recall about the House of 1000 Corpse though. Are they good?
    The Descent was a good one and I think it focused more on the horror of what a bunch of gals are going through in an enclosed area, rather than the creatures. The tension and pressure getting to the gals... The idea is to suffocate you! People with claustrophobia should stay out of this one!

11. BabyRain

I have added Rinne to my list; just because it's been some time since I came across a storyline quite unique and I liked it :) It's quite creepy too... the doll...

12. Knoctur_nal

well would ya look at that..3k

13. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

Ive watched films like Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The Exorcist, The Ring, The Grudge, Jaws, Saw (only the 1st one), Tale Of Two Sisters, Alien, Audition, Sixth Sense, Silence Of The Lambs, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Wrong Turn, The Hills Have Eyes, Hostel (cant wait for number 2) etc but i wasnt shitting my pants or anything when i was watching them. Blood and body bits flying around is interesting to watch in movies. For me anyway. Weird eh. lol

Most of these i thought were pretty wack anyway. Could have made a better horror movie myself. lol. The only 2 films that scared the beejees out of me were Jurassic Park (the 1st 1. I was only about 7 i think, went to watch it in the cinemas back in Holland on my b'day. Had to hide behind my huge hand me down hooded coat. lol. I was 7, and i never saw a movie that realistic b4 in my life. haha). The other movie was Arachnophobia. Now, i was scared as shit at spiders already... and then i saw a 15" spider killing ppl. CRAZY!!!!! That film traumatized me 4 a week!!! lol. Couldnt sleep, had 2 always check under my pillow or under my bed if there was a spider there.

Thats pretty much it. Jurrasic Park don't scare me now obviously. I just look at it in amazement, thinking how do they make the dinosaurs so realistic??? Still aint got no clue. lol.
    If i were to watch Arachnophobia again, i would shit my pants!!! HAHAHA

14. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

^ XD Arachnophobia was a little disturbing watch at first, freaked when I first saw it too. But then again after watching Eight Legged Freaks, it makes it a little less disturbing.

15. MasterJin

Wasnt that supposed to be a comedy? Eight Legged Freaks. One of my mates went to watch it at the cinemas and told me it was funny. I dont know if he was telling me the truth or he just wanted me to watch it even though he knew i was scared of spiders. Probably wanted to see me hide behind the sofa or something. joka

16. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

yup, its a comedy. Watching it would makes you a little less scared of spiders, you should check it out (not saying it so you could hide yourself XD).

17. MasterJin

Haha. I will do one day. I aint been watching many English movies lately though, Mostly Korean.

I'll have to download it from somewhere or get it off one of my mates. Im sure someone has it in their collection.

18. BabyRain

@qabajjar329362: haha ok so i take it your list consists of Jurassic Park and Arachnophobia?

19. MasterJin

LOL. Just Arachnophobia. I was only a kid when i watched Jurassic Park so that dont count. If i watch it now, i'd be ok.

20. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

here are my 10 fav horror movies :

Ju-on series
    Ringu series
    Exorcist
    Child's Play
    Puppet Master series
    Body Snatchers
    One Missed Call
    Critters series
    Tale of Two Sisters