Ghost of Relativity - 鬼同你OT (2015)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Jul 7, 2015.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I noticed the tags on the OP; who is "Krista Chan?"

Kristal Tin and Nancy Wu are an obvious Abbott & Costello pairing, with Tin's well seasoned comedic brass hammering relentlessly against Wu's unyielding straight foil. The two have a chemistry reminiscent of that famous old vaudeville team and work tremendously well together here. But I have serious doubts about Moses Chan in his role. He sincerely tries to play a bumbling genius architect, sort of like the Jerry Lewis' Nutty Professor (1963) character but I think he's totally miscast. In terms of clumsy, "can't even tie his shoelaces without her..." roles, I think Roger Kwok would have been a much better choice. Vivien Yeo is the perfect long legged protagonist, and I would love to see more of her in comedic support roles like this.

Does anyone know how many episodes there are? We're way over the stated twenty already?

#41 ralphrepo, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

This drama is whacky, and after watching it, it felt like a waste of cast and talent. It took like a majority of the series to get into the plot. More so, the story line is whacky and makes no sense. TVB continues to struggle a bit w/ sci fi. It would be good if they did a real horror, but TVB was never about that. TVB was always about value, but letting timeless characters go hurts TVB, which then hurts society.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Sorry, this is probably one of the better dramas out this year.

4. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Typo, thanks for pointing it out. :lol:

5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

It's easy to draw similarities. I can also cite the plot being close to that of the Insidious movie. The series lacked a concrete story line IMO, or rather, it tried to resolve everything in the end, which made it whacky. TVB has never done a good sci-fi series, it's just not one of their strengths. More so, it's possibly hard to appease the audience.. It's just not their strength. Granted, TVB as a whole has always catered to the common wealth. So you have to remember, they are making dramas for the sake of laughs, for the sake of family, for the sake of bonding. They aren't necessarily making every drama to break record levels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The final scene of the ending is just downright creepy, LOL...

Krystal and Moses, reunited after several long weeks, are about to get randy, when their 4 year old daughter comes running into the room demanding to sleep with them. Cooling their ardor, they allow her to plant herself between them. They look at each other, blow a kiss and fall asleep. Their daughter, who was laying between them asleep, now opens her eyes, stares at a distant light that was left on, suddenly ZAPS it with a bolt of electricity. She then looks into the camera and smiles, and Nancy Wu's ashen ghost face appears superimposed over her's. The camera then zooms out...

[​IMG]

But, having said that, true to TVB's history of totally destroying a show with a bum rushed ending, TVB doesn't disappoint vis a vis their consistency here. Everything is too pat and convenient; all the good guys get good, and all the bad guys get got. But, I think what they should have done in the epilogue was to put the three assistant architects into suits and ties, to show their moving up in status. How these three lamers actually managed to get into the hearts and pants of the three office vixens I guess, is a story that will remain untold. I loved how Mr IT Nerd got Miss Long Leg Hottie. Yeah, right. That always happens...

:doofywave::wub:

#46 ralphrepo, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Ahaha that last scene was creepy as hell. They shouldn't have edited Nancy face on there, but just giving "hints" to the audience that it's her which they already did with the car tire popping. Editing her face onto the child was like a horror ending :moses:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

Jeff haha i thought that was pretty funny seeing nancy's face :sweat:

yeh was cheesey with the charlie angels pairing

did like the jail scene :lol:

but overall enjoyable series krystal tin was awesome

9. lil_asian_heart

lil_asian_heart Well-Known Member

surprisingly it had a good ending (i agree, Nancy's face on the baby was a little creepy >_>) but overall it was a good drama!

one huge part i didn't like was when gin yelled at ah may for "fat hau" and trying to seduce michael when... gin was the one who used may's body to kiss michael and used may's body to do all the stuff for michael!

can't blame the guy for falling in love with may and shouldn't blame may anything.

but nonetheless, great acting from everyone! :p really liked the drama

love moses :luv:

10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Ratings for 21-25 : 28 (peaking at 30)
    Ratings for 26 : 24 (-3 from last week)
    Ratings for 27 Finale: 30 (+7 from last week, 34 peak)

11. meimai

meimai New Member

so funny

12. started out funny and ended funny ...is it me or felt draggy could of ended it 5-10 eps short :hmm:

13. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Watching this now, funny that Kristal's character name is the same as the one in the Roger Kwok one...english name that is.

14. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Far-fetched plot but the show was funny and Kristel was, as usual, awesome. Agree it is one of the best dramas this year.

15. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Far-fetched plot but the show was funny and Kristel was, as usual, awesome. Agree it is one of the best dramas this year.

16. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Sorry for double post.

17. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Totally agree! Started out with a bang, but fizzled towards the end. A little disappointed as I thought that Nancy would finally shine through as a female lead, but she didn't. I prefer watching her in Overachievers and The Ultimate Addiction

And Moses' role was so...meh. He keeps talking like Duk Duk Dei...:snore:

• Like Like x 1