Goodbye PA Radio? PA Is Recruiting DJs / Hosts!

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by hadouken, Jan 19, 2008.

1. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

awwww...now everyone can hear ur hot aussie accent woot wooot....
    -rockon

anyways... if u really going to host/become dj....can i come and hang out at ur place and be a guest dj with u :p hahaha
    i wouldnt mind being a dj...i just dont know what to talk abt :p so if u get the job....we should meet up and do a lil dj thingy together once haha

2. haha... sure sure... or i'll just meet up with u n we can record something :p

anyway i'll most likely b talking in canto if i get the job :p coz i think one of the requirements is to speak fluent canto/mando... rite??

3. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

"Can Speak English or Cantonese/Mandarin"
    is what it said....but yeah anyways...we can do it in chinese or english....im cool :p
    i'll probably only say: "YO EVERYONE ON PA THIS IS CHEEEEEEKS" :p

4. oh eng too... woopsy... forgive me... i don't have my glasses on hahaha... n i'm speaking like i got the job already

5. reno

reno Well-Known Member

yeah its so expensive
    im paying $75 a month for cable (theoretical speed of 10mbps?, not like i ever get it tho) and that i only get 12gb + 24 offpeak

soon enuff we'll hear dawn =)

6. Supergluey

Supergluey Member

Hey i don't midn trying out to becom ea host a first and then becoming a DJ later on. i have a tleast 15-20 gigs full of chinese/japanese and bits of kroean songs. I even have really old english songs too if you guys are interested. Anyways, my name is Aylmer, my age is 23 and i live in vancouver, canada but i am am in pricne geroge, bc right now which is north of vancouver. Do i ahve to send a sound file even fi i'm hosting?

7. no you don't have to if you're hosting pm me about it

Requirements For Hosts

500+ Chinese, Korean, Japanese Music only
    Cable/ DSL Connection

What is a host? If you're shy , don't have a mic or simply talking is not your thing then hosting is for you! You play list your favorite music for PA listeners to enjoy.

If you're interested and you meet the Requirements PM ang (me) with a sound clip of you stating your:
    • Name
    • Desired DJ Name
    • Tell us about yourself. (Hobbies, type of music you listen to, why you want to be a DJ, and anything you think we should know about)
    common people don't be shy apply

8. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

I Would If I Could..but I Dun Leave My Comp On All The Time.....:(....

If Ya Want...i Could Do A Few Hour Shifts To Help....if Ya Really Need Help K

9. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

I think more people will tune in if they did a live dj.

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i think so to but the thing is there isn't much initiative from being a dj. perhaps if djs received some sort of benefits more will be willing to try out.

11. what else more can a dj want? you get your voice heard and a coloured name =)) but if it fails then hey i tried, 13 days till we say goodbye i hope people listening know.

12. brown_bear

Ang...so Has Many People Applied For The Position Yet..??

Have You Had Trials..and Stuff..??

13. yes 1 trial worthy

14. brown_bear

AND MANY HOSTS...??....
    IF LOTS A PEOPLE APPLIED FOR HOSTS THEN NO NEED TO WORRY RIGHT...-huh

15. we've only had 1 serious host offer the rest are 1-2 hrs we dont have enough to fill it.

16. bbes

bbes Incredible

what do u mean by 1 worthy trial. one counts as a worthy trial? and what language does the dj have to talk in?

17. english/chinese

as in 1 person actually intrested in hosting it for the long term.

18. brown_bear

Hmmm...everyone Wants To Do A Few Hours Each..??...
    Hey Ahow About Working Out A Rota For People....
    Like Doing Shifts..where We All Agree On A Time Each And Them Someone Else Takes Over
    Coz I Think The Main Problem Is Having To Host For A Minimum A Day....

19. we could do that but the problem is we don't have enough people that want to host even for a few hours a day.

20. brown_bear

Umm...mebe Ya Could REANNOUNCE It By Saying You Can Host For A Few Hours A Day
    Or Something Coz..people May Still Be Thinking Its A Day Minimum So People Not Really
    Interested..i Dunno....