Goodbye PA Radio? PA Is Recruiting DJs / Hosts!

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by hadouken, Jan 19, 2008.

1. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

i allready send a clip to ang...lol

2. Hm i got a question. If i want to be a host. Whats the minimum of songs in a playlist?

#82 _Fahrenheit_, Feb 24, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  3. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

500...i think...lol..i dunno

4. ochibi12

ochibi12 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just blind, but did anyone mention how we sign up for a shift and how the logistics to actually hosting PA works? I mean, do we upload the songs to a specific place, or does the player plays the songs from our computer somehow?

5. when you meet the requirements you PM a MOD and we will work with you on how to host ...for your information we use a program called Shoutcast it's a winamp plug-in.

basically it's how you normally listen to music from winamp but shoucast streams it to everyone else to hear.

6. emawlee28

emawlee28 Well-Known Member

yeashh

yeahs im pretty sure i can :] like an hour a day but for the asian music im going to have to look for moree =]
    i like kanto music more and some jap

7. OhanaUnited

OhanaUnited Well-Known Member

i might want to give it a shot... the only problem is that for some reason, if i record using my mic, it's not loud enough (but it's loud enough when i use teamspeak or ventrilo).

r u guys still looking for DJs? I can definetely spare 2-3 hrs a week (on saturday & sunday, north america time)

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

the PA team is always looking for djs, just pm ang with ur sound clip.

9. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

fire off a pm to one of the mods with the application details.

10. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

hey peeps, i might have time to do this. I'll have to get a new pc first. Maybe Alienware. mwhahahah.

11. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

I'm little sad about to hear that, The channel is not offering music anymore. But We need DJ to run the other channel.The question is about to finding a DJ. I'm busy with my Job, and after that time i Surf here and rest myself. My english is also not good enough to speak publicly.But I have everything like DSL,Microphone etc..I'm sure that We soon found a new JD soon.

12. AisuTsuki

AisuTsuki Well-Known Member

Uh I sent in an application a while ago offer to host o_O
    I never really got a real solid reply ...

Sooo? n_n

13. Shadowz

Shadowz Member

Do we still need hosts, or is that not necessary anymore?

14. winter_song

winter_song New Member

I can try

I think I can try out...I've got over 1000 songs of mando, canto, jap, korean and english
    I can speak both cantonese and mandarin as well as english
    I've had experience as a radio host twice before

but can we have like more than one host? like we record with other people when hosting? because I don't really like doing these kind of things alone

#94 winter_song, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  15. yes...new hosts/dj's are always welcome! if you meet the requirements PM one of us MOD's and will set you up with a tryout.

if you tuned in to our radio we had 2-3 DJ's on at the same time before! yes multiple DJ's on air are allowed at PA Radio! =)

16. marcopolo368

marcopolo368 Well-Known Member

does pa still need djs? and how long do they have to dj each time?

17. still looking for hosts/djs , apply again if you never received a response.

18. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i dont mind being host but i dont have the music.
    is there a thread of music ppl wanna hear on the radio? if so i can just dl all of it and host :p

19. requirements are you need a certain amount of songs...i doubt you can get alll that from just a thread.

20. reno

reno Well-Known Member

guys, 1 more month (or so) and i finally start helping out hosting music!
    cos i'll b homeeeeeeeee

home sweet home heheheh
    hafn't been there for like a year >.< heheheh