Guess the word game

Discussion in 'Super Trio Show 2008 - 獎門人取犀 Game' started by lilchan92, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

this is my second fav game in this season.. wish they got sum people that spoke fluent english.. lol they'd prolly explain really well while their teammates r siting there going "what the heck is he/she talkin about" lol

2. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

Ditto. Unlike the OP, I'd also like to see them have English-fluent guests play the game.

3. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

This game is hilarious...best part of the show now...haha

4. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol then its not as funny if they had fluent english speaking people but what if they got a english smart guy to see the word and not so good english people to guess haha still funny ^^

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

i think this game is the best. it cracks me up everytime.

6. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

I see it as the other way around. So far, they've never had an English-fluent guest on the show yet, so it's hard to say that it will not be as funny.

Take episode 11 for example: I didn't think Zhu Mimi (or any other non-English speaking guests on the previous episodes) was funny at all, as she didn't know any English. She basically only used body language and hand gestures to hint the answer to the guests, which in my opinion, defeats the purpose of the game. This game is mainly to have the person DESCRIBE THE ANSWER IN ENGLISH so that the participants can guess what it is through that description, in addition to using body language and hand gestures.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, I want to see the effect of the game with different levels of English fluency. The show has had guests that are either not fluent at all or only know the basics and now I want to see something new: a guest that is fluent in English.

P.S. I barely saw any of the previous Super Trio series, but I'm almost sure that they had a similar game where the person uses only body language and hand gestures to hint the answer, right?

edit: it was episode 11, my mistake.

#26 rsx, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  7. bbes

bbes Incredible

well ella was pretty gd with english and so she should be considering she went to Birmingham uni in the UK.

8. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

Ughhh... don't remind me. I'll hand it to her, she was the most fluent one so far, but meh..: "Old time la.. and then the rich people leh, have some girl la follow them leh to work for them leh..." Shut up with the suffixes already!

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Maybe thats the way Ella talks...? o_O but w/e

Mimi did alrite i think...cracked me up....xD..

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

they did get like 14 i think which is very impressive. but she prob did the suffixes to help them understand or just a habit cos she is like been living in hk.

11. tbd888

tbd888 Member

yup, this parts is so funny, the way they try to speak English

12. lahn doe

lahn doe Well-Known Member

It is pretty entertaining when they try to talk using english when their vocabulary is very limited. But it is very boring when the guest only resorts to using gestures. It is better than the old game when they were speaking chinese.

13. ckwok418

ckwok418 Member

hilarious :)

14. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol , but still, i reckon the chinese one was funnier, and it didnt have the two things coming towards it other, it had a door coming down, lol more funnier, lol

15. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yeah, vertical doors beats horizontal doors

16. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

thats always been my favorite part of the game

17. myway

myway Active Member

Think is the best game in the show. but only if they don't know much english. hehe

18. stjohn87

stjohn87 Member

This show is full of Jokes. it makes laugh all the way !

19. wing834

wing834 Active Member

i love this game~ their english is so funny~ love how they get like the ppl that dont really know that much english to be the person talking~

20. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

This game is definitely excellent, I always watch it and end up laughing hilarously.