Hacken Lee (李克勤)

Discussion in 'Chinese Male Artists' started by tis me, Mar 21, 2007.

1. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TVB Showcases HD Series For 2008 Launch

Saturday, December 22, 2007

TVB's HD Broadcasting Roadshow <高清數碼廣播全面睇> reached East Point City (東港城) today and General Manager Stephen Chan (陳志雲) led the opening ceremony, together with many artistes, who did their part to promote some forthcoming series that will be broadcasted in high definition.

Wars Of In-Laws II <野蠻奶奶大戰戈師奶> leads the line-up as the first full-length drama series that will be aired in HD. Cast members including Liza Wang (汪明荃), Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), Joyce Tang (滕麗名) and Derek Kok (郭政鴻) were present to show their support and begin the build up to when the series begins to air on 01 January.

Liza said that the HD output makes the picture extremely sharp and attractive, but she said that because the coverage is not complete in the Clearwater Bay area, she has not had the reception device fitted to her home yet. Asked if she will be stepping up her make-up regime in the future, she said that she is confident that her make-up is already pretty enough and that it is only natural for her to show a few wrinkles because she is human and at the age of 60, it would be impossible for her to be wrinkle-free. As for her expectations for the show following the high acclaim for the original, Liza said that she will go with the flow.

Following rumours breaking about an affair between Joyce and Derek, they were quizzed by reporters at the event and seemed to do their best to keep their distance from each other. Asked about the suggestion that they were going apartment-hunting together, Derek denied this and said that they have known each other for a long time, but there is no romance between them. He added that Joyce has a lot of people wooing her, but he is not one of them. However, he complimented her, saying that she looks a lot prettier after putting on weight. Joyce explained that on the day in question, there were many other friends present, but the reporters just photographed the two of them. She said that they were not dating and they are just friends and she has already said that if she finds a new boyfriend, she will not be revealing him to the press.

Other shows in the HD showcase included Hacken Lee (李克勤)'s music special, Jade Solid Gold <勁歌金曲> presented by Patrick Tang (鄧健泓), Living Up<更上一層樓> hosted by Maggie Cheung (張可頤), daily sitcom Best Selling Secrets <同事三分親> starring Esther Kwan (關詠荷), Alvina Kong (江欣燕) and Angela Tong (湯盈盈) and Sharon Chan (陳敏之)'s current affairs show Info Link <事必關己>. The four Miss Hong Kong winners were also on hand to promote the forthcoming beauty pageants.

Hacken was asked about the section in his music special where he will be interviewing "the boss" Stephen and he revealed that this was quite a challenge because if he kept his questions too tame, the audience would lose interest, but if his questions were too prying, he risked losing his job. He revealed that he will be asking about the reports surrounding the allocation of TVB awards. As for whether he would bring up the matter of sexual orientation, Hacken said evasively: "Sometimes you do not have to be too direct, a successful interviewer is able to turn a general conversation into a kind of trap. If you take it easy, you can slip the odd question in without your subject realising."

To show his support for the HD launch, Hacken has spent the equivalent of his fee for half a concert on a new 65 inch HD-ready television and 110 inch projection unit at his home. He laughed that when Liza visited him, she was stunned when she saw it.

Asked if he would terminate Hacken's contract if he did not like the questions at the interview, Stephen laughed that TVB would not do something like this. He said that if Hacken asks the question, he will answer it. With his numerous appearances on television, will Stephen be spending more time on his skincare regime in the future? He said that he already goes for skin-cleansing treatment every seven to ten days, so he will not increase this any more.

Credits to Emma Lam @ batgwa
    Picture credits to http://tvbchinesenews.blogspot.com/

Additional pics:

[​IMG]

2. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Congrats to Hacken for winning an award! Even though he was not there to receive it...

3. westkikass

westkikass Active Member

great singer

4. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

you know what is most disappointing about this singer?

he only got famous as he got older....like not in his early teens....like some of the current singers...

very disappointing

dont u all think?

5. caitou

caitou Member

gooo hacken! please support him by buying his cds. he's an awesome singer and deserves recognition for it :)

6. hello1982

hello1982 Active Member

good singer, nothing special

7. Scotti_28

Scotti_28 Member

great singer...one of the most under rated artist out there...

8. cutiekins

cutiekins Active Member

i love him since i was young....have any seen this old tvb show...he was soo funny in that one.....i think its call as sure as fate....really good!!

9. i heard some of his works and some songs are rather good but not a huge fan =P

10. and1_888

and1_888 Member

Very good singer but his old stuff is alot better!!!!

11. Ereos

Ereos Well-Known Member

i find his singing seems just so similar i stopped listening to it.... (maybe it just isnt my style of music)
    i got bored of him like literally in a week in complete
    though my mother likes all his songs

12. tazzk

tazzk Member

maybe his songs aren't super nice but his voice definitely is! one of the few talented singers in the new generation, i think...

13. helenwu12892

helenwu12892 Member

my most favorite singer

14. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

I think this concert will be an even bigger hit than their first collaboration.. can't wait!

15. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Hacken looks so funny as Alan Tam!!

16. hob0

hob0 Member

hacken is the best : )

17. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome.. I'd love to watch Hacken perform a fast song with Yang Wei doing gymnastics behind him!

18. tis me

tis me Well-Known Member

His son's dimples are so cute!!

19. xiaoling

xiaoling Member

love his song

20. bachot

bachot Member

I like his songs too. he got nice sounds