Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ~*Dawn*~, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Have you had ur moon cakes yet??

1. Yes... Yum...

35 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Nope... a bit too early...

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. Eww... i don't like moon cakes

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. What's Mid-Autumn Festival?? What r moon cakes??

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. lol didnt know yall was so crazy about the yolk... I especially like it when they use it to chow crab!! -drool

2. losts of moon cakes for sale... n some chinese union hold some kinda celebration with chinese radio stations n TVBJ at some chinese restaurant n it's like $60-$70 per person or $700-$800 per table.. i never go... just pig out on the moon cake n regret it afterwards :p

isn't lin go supposed to b for chinese new yr celebration?? hmmm... i dun like them that much... they get stuck on my teeth

3. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

I just had some mooncake and tea yesterday [​IMG]

I especially like the ones with egg yolk, assorted nuts, fruits and ham bits [​IMG]

4. omg i've never tried the ham ones... coz i thought it'd b weird since moon cake's sweet n ham's salty...

5. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

ok, I guess everyone here praises the almighty egg yolk, forget what i said earlier :D

6. u still a punk for not being able to handle egg yolk..

7. peachey

The egg yolk is pretty salty too [​IMG]

I actually prefer that it has a bit of a salty flavor to it. Even with the ham, the cakes are too sweet for my taste, which is I always have to eat them with a cup of tea.

8. stardust

stardust Well-Known Member

hey dats wad my mommy and aunty does. always eat dem with a cup o tea :p

i prefer the jelly moon cakes! *drools*

9. haha... well i like the yolk not coz if it's salty taste but when it melts in ur mouth it's got that powdery tasted hahaha... i always love salted egg yolks... esp. when mum put them in plain congee... it melts even better :p

10. peachey

lol I know! I feel like such an old lady [​IMG]

I'm the only 'kid' I know who eats her mooncakes with tea [​IMG]
    Yeah, I also like the powdery taste [​IMG] My mom usually makes me congee with salted eggs when I'm sick [​IMG]

11. awwww... dw... i eat moon cakes with tea too... actually i eat almost everythign with tea hahaha... coz my parents used to tell me it washes down the grease :p

12. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ nah im really not a fan of all the mooncakes but i love the packaging that it comes in.... its soo fancy with the tin and everything..... espcially with the new snoopy and hello kitty ones hee hee -bigsmile

i really wanna try the new colouredones that are coming out but i dont wanna fork out like £20 if the're not nice la :p anyone wanna offer me theres haha -bigsmile

13. haha... dw... just ask ur parents to get it for u -lolv

14. brown_bear

could do............. but they dont like getting new stuff they like to stick to the original one -cry2

15. hahaha... just say pretty please n give ur mum a big wet kiss on her cheek :p tell her if she doesn't get it for u u'll kiss her again n again till her cheeks r all wet...

16. brown_bear

aww if not i'll have to do what i used to as a kid start crying and rolling on the floor haha -bigsmile

17. haha... that's a good idea... or get urself a bf n make him buy it for u :p

18. brown_bear

^ ha ha im working on it but obody wants me wah -cry2 ha ha

19. awww... i'm sure Ecko will get u some since his so "dap shui"... just wink at him :p

20. brown_bear

^ ha ha ecko's all yours honey... he doesnt dare look at anybody else haha :p!!