Have you ever been mistaken as Japanese instead of Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by joceyz, Jan 20, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

But do note that there is no "Canadian" and "American" except for the indigenious people -- few to no "whites" are ancestrally "Canadian" or "American" -- one would be better off label them "Irish", "Scottish", "French", "Jewish" or such.
    In fact, I can tell French, German, Polish, Italian, and Walsh/Scottish/English/Irish with a remarkable accuracy.

But again, I was only upset because I think it's below etiquette to ask another's ethnicity -- what does it have anything to do with anything anyways? I barely know those people (who asks).

2. snowfxz

snowfxz Member

lol
    once i was on the plane and ppl assume im jap and start talking japanese to me
    i was like".....................""........."
    "englihs pls"
    lol

3. ilivetoenjoy

ilivetoenjoy New Member

this rarely happens to me...most people just ask whether I'm Chinese or Japanese

4. lalala ♥

lalala ♥ Member

haha yaa sometimes, but most of the time...they assume that every asian is chinese haha. but it gets really akward...when people talk to you in like korean japanese, philipino vietnamese etc...

5. ML320X5

ML320X5 Member

Many time since I was in High Sch

6. auboy

auboy Member

not that i know off....

7. narutokun

narutokun Well-Known Member

ppl r so ignorant, all or most of my guy riend r lyk er ur chinese?? i thought u were jap... nd i lyk *retards* dey r so gay!!

8. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Hmm, I actually had my first experience outside Japan of people thinking I'm a Japanese: I went to Cologne (Germany) last Friday and was walking in the Immermannstrasse which is also called the 'Japanese town' and both Germans and Japanese thought I was a Japanese. Can't be angry at them though.

9. hannah666

hannah666 Well-Known Member

yes plenty

10. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Are you going to post useless one liners to increase your post count so you can download things?! <_<

http://www.dramasian.com/showthread.php?p=236705#post236705

You do need to give examples as to why, where or in what situation you've been mistaken for a Japanese otherwise don't post.

11. chubbyheaded

chubbyheaded Well-Known Member

Yes, exspecialy when i go to a school when i'm the only asian apart from older brother and when people first meet me they always ask "Do you speak Japanese?" "Your Japanese right?"

12. LigerZ

LigerZ Active Member

lolz never have i been mistaken as anything
    ppl identify me as chinese right away all the time... i wonder why... i not fobby...

13. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

no, for indonesian cause i work with a lot of them

14. judys04

judys04 Member

ughh.. yes few times for japanese &... korean?? so frustrating!

15. AznWing

AznWing Well-Known Member

lol if u see me in person u might think im either jap or korean
    someone thought i was viet before too
    only very few people think im chinese at first glance

16. happychic

happychic Well-Known Member

Yes I have. And i've even been asked whether Im korean of Chinese - although not very often. Most of hte time I dont really mind because its mostly people who just generally cant tell the differnce between Chinese and Japanese and always ask!

17. Xx_Flora_xX

Xx_Flora_xX Well-Known Member

ya sometimes by the whites mostly. but some of those stupid europeans ie italians or spanish jux thot japan and hk are the same place no matter how many times i've explained to them dat those are two totally different places! Jz!

18. Xx_Flora_xX

Xx_Flora_xX Well-Known Member

jux wondering do u guys find it insulting/embarrassing wen ppl mistaken u as malaysians/Indonesians or viets???? =)

19. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Once or Twice... some people would mistaken me as a german most of the time.

20. Yyin

Yyin Member

german? woaw... thats a huge diff.

lol you know its pretty bad, when even chinese people can't tell your chinese. i've gotten viet,jap,flip,cambo and kr >.> lol.. and from what i know.. all my ancestors are chinese =o is it posible to look more chinese?o_O