Have you ever been mistaken as Japanese instead of Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by joceyz, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

ive gotton korean, japanese, n worst was philipino.... i aint even dark... iono y flip....

2. regal_aeros

regal_aeros Well-Known Member

not japanese but from malay to hawaiian... yea...

3. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

it only happened to me once when i was in college and this Caucasian guy came up to me and started talking japanese to me and of course i don't understand a word he was saying so he told me that he thought i was japanese. it was funny.

4. _keke_

_keke_ Well-Known Member

ppl think i am a vietnamese often Xp but noo im chinese. And look like one too .. maybe becuz im with vietnamese a lot too . =p

5. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Many times, I find it very annoying. But when I was in Japan ... the Japanese really thinks I'm one of them :(
    When I was in South-Korea, they think that I'm Korean ...
    But I'm 100% Chinese!!!

6. yenthi

yenthi Well-Known Member

i've gotten korean..? but im somethin like 1/4 vietnamese.. but ppl jus kinda ignor that part =/

7. Simonly

Simonly Well-Known Member

i hate it when people flip out and stay screaming comments bout me being japanese -.-
    i was playing baseball and i striked out >.> and the dummy josh * on my team * goes to my friend and says yo i thought japanese people can play baseball

and he goes to me YO N---- * hes black *
    why cant you play bsaeball

8. Xx_Flora_xX

Xx_Flora_xX Well-Known Member

OMG, today one of the speaker in my class mistaken me as Jap agen! wenever she was talkin about Tokyo Biennale, she jux went looking straight at me for like 3 secs as if expectin me to say sth in return. then she was like 'aint ppl from their own country shud b aware of wats goin on in the art market??esp those students who do fine art??" then she went givin me an evil look~~ phew~~

9. 101

101 Well-Known Member

way too many times...
    either japanese or viet
    whats wrongs with them..if u don't know ..just ask
    ________
    WHITE WIDOW SEEDS

#69 101, Apr 27, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  10. OhanaUnited

OhanaUnited Well-Known Member

It's not too hard to distingulish between japanese and chinese. Most japs have single fold on their eyes where as most chinese have double folds. But that's for 99% of the population, doesnt' work all the time

11. gina7ar

gina7ar Active Member

Lol people frequently mistake me as japanese instead of chinese, but i can luckily speak japanese so when i reply to japanese people "i'm actually chinese" in japanese they get even more confused so it gets real funny and amusing hahaha! Oh well, i like jap girls so it's cool for me lol!

12. Arctic_fire

Arctic_fire Well-Known Member

yes many times, ppl cant see the difference between japanese and chinese ppl, neither do I :p

13. pirvee

pirvee Well-Known Member

I happend :( Maybe because there are so many japanese living here in my town..........

14. blinkwy

blinkwy New Member

15. shnukumz81

shnukumz81 Well-Known Member

I've been mistaken as Philipino 'cause I'm kind of dark.
    I've been mistaken as Korean because I have small eyes.
    and I have been mistaken as Japanese because some people are just ignorant like that. haha

16. narookie

narookie New Member

I've been mistaken to be malaysian/singaporean back home in england, but i think that's cos i go dark quite easily...
    ... however just a point of topic, i'm in hk now and people here have the same problem, they can't really tell where i'm from, some even go to the extent and say i'm eurasian...

17. Mafiaz

Mafiaz New Member

Never been mistaken as Japanese, but I've been occasionally mistaken for hispanic and wasian. ppl think my sis is Japanese alot though

18. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

Me? lol..i look so white that people thought
    i was jap all the time...but then i sed i was
    chinese they thought i was kidding...so they
    speaked a few canto words wif me...then after
    that they sed...woah i thought u were jap...lol..
    cuz ur so white...lol

19. FishieExP

FishieExP Well-Known Member

happens all the time becuz ppl look at u and think ''WOW chinky eyes! they must be jap'' when ur eyes arent even that chinky there just not used to seeing them

20. FishieExP

FishieExP Well-Known Member

i get mistaken as jap or korean but sometimes ppl say r u chinese