Help create a new product

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by CuTeBuBleBeAr, Mar 23, 2013.

1. CuTeBuBleBeAr

CuTeBuBleBeAr Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Can someone please give me ideas for a[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri] new good that must be for the benefit of public safety?[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Thanks[/FONT][/FONT]

2. CuTeBuBleBeAr

New product

Does anyone have any ideas of a new product or can improve public safety?

Thanks

3. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

Erm, do you have more specifications or guidelines than that?

4. CuTeBuBleBeAr

I need come up with a new product or a new variation of an existing product based on Public Safety
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri]

[/FONT]

5. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Safety Cones are good

6. cailini

Improve upon seat belts so they're not as annoying to wear.

7. person

person Well-Known Member

That's been done.

[video=youtube;gw1g2yKxb0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1g2yKxb0I[/video]

8. cailini

Lol, why are they still so annoying?

9. g0dslay3r

g0dslay3r Member

improve on donuts so that they are lower in calories and sugar so that cops can continue eating them and not get fat

10. CuTeBuBleBeAr

Business idea

Hi,
    Can someone please help me with this question.

How could you make use of the internet and social media to achieve a differentiated positioning for your business idea?

Thanks

11. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

#11 ralphrepo, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  12. CuTeBuBleBeAr

Marketing

Hi,
    I need help regarding SMART objectives for marketing. I know that it stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and time scaled. How would i go about writting this and how long should each objective be?? like a few sentences or less? do i just make it up?

13. person

person Well-Known Member

14. CuTeBuBleBeAr

Anyone have any ideas of a product or existing product to improve public safety?

15. Lol just a thought, ideas are probably one of the rarest commodities, if not the rarest, and are expensive. I'm just saying that because there's a possibility that even if someone has a great idea, they might not be willing to share it, simply because they may make a business out of it.

Having said that, isn't this for an assignment? If so, maybe the purpose of the assignment is to make you use your own imagination, and stir up your innovative thinking. But if you need guidance on how to come up with an idea, here's generally how a product idea becomes a commercialized idea.

1) You're looking to find an innovative idea to improve public safety. So sit down, and observe these public areas. Get information. Read the news, see what accidents and casualties there are out there.
    2) From what you observed, analyse and think about what could be better? Using that seatbelt idea, it does its function well, but like Cailini said, it's uncomfortable. Though there are inventions that try and make it comfortable for you, it's still not enough, so right there you have a potential market.
    3) Look at casualties out there. In Toronto during the summer, we've had several cyclist accidents in the downtown core, where they were hit by cars. How can you improve that? Look at themes, like violent extremism. What can you do to reduce it? With the onset of the digital age, public safety doesn't have to be physical, it can be in a digital nature. What are problems that are happening out there? What are the requirements and specifications of those problems, and how can you create a solution to minimize those problems?

See, the purpose of the assignment isn't the final product idea per se. The whole point is for you to learn how to use your brain, identify problems, come up with a solution, and not ask other people on this forum to hand you an idea on a plate.

Like I said, ideas are expensive. They are trying to teach you the skills to think innovatively. And I've practically done the first 20% for you.

16. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Make everybody wear bright orange safety helmets.

17. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Like I said...Safety Cones

18. jinsuen

jinsuen Member

If you are serious about this question, networking with facebook, twitter, linkedIN, youtube etc can help spread your business and market whatever idea/product you have, if done right.