high end restaurant vs home cooked meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, May 1, 2007.

?

which would you rather have your bf/gf do to celebrate a special night?

1. home cooked meal

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. fancy restaurant

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Don't hate just cuz you can't afford to take your significant other out lol

2. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

even eating at home
    you can get some REALLY fancy food than you normally wouldn't eat
    like lobster

oh and if you have a guy like mine who doesn't cook that often (cause he doens't know how to)
    it really hits your heart when he puts in SOOOOOOO much effort to try to make this fabulous meal just for you

even when it's the most simpliest thing, knowing that it was difficult for him to make, ~sigh~

3. Demonsblood

Demonsblood Active Member

When you take a girl out for a date, it just feels right to take her to a fancier restaurant to show that you can support for her =D. I picked fancy restaurant.

4. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

home cook would be great if my gf knows how to cook (i cant cook), i dont mind handling all the cleaning up work later...if she cant, i think high-end restaurant is a much better option

5. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

@Jun: How's the dl going?
    Lol, i have always thought u were a gal...

6. DuchSauce

DuchSauce Well-Known Member

I think they are both equal. I cooked for my ex regularly, and she cooked for me too, nothing fancy. Going to a fancy restaurant or cooking an elaborate meal are both good once in a while.

Yea, I though Jun was a female too.

7. Jun

Jun Well-Known Member

@babyrain - i have a reply for that question in that thread itself =P

lol yeah i know my nick is kinda misleading...its the last chinese character from my name...blame my dad for spelling it 'Jun' instead of 'Chun' zzz

8. Yeah_Ken

Yeah_Ken Well-Known Member

MmmM well it depends on what ure gf/bf personality is like
    Some are very materialistic - hence go out
    some look for meaning - stay home and cook lol

9. BabyRain

^Why do people assume that going out to a fancy restaurant means you are materialistic?>.<
    Like what bbqribsandbeef said, you could bring ur partner out bcoz u want to & becoz you want her to be able to enjoy and relax... and of course there are other reasons.
    Not everyone wanna go to a restaurant bcoz they are 'materialistic' or gold diggers. If your partner insists that u bring her to a fancy restaurant even though u can't afford it, then that's a different story...

10. ribsandbbqbeef

You hit it right on babyrain. When I was in college, I was really poor. For the first anniversary with my gf I cooked 2 filet mignons, bought a dozen black roses, and dressed up in a suit to celebrate with my gf in my dorm room.

Now that I make money, I take special to a different level, so I would take my wife out to a 5 star restaurant with live entertainment, take her to a lounge or dessert shop afterwards, and enjoy the rest of the evening back home =)

So depending on your life situation, either one is an excellent choice. Those who've never been to a fancy restaurant probably are secretly craving to go at least once. Those who go on a regular basis reminisce about having a quiet stay at home meal from time to time....

11. BabyRain

Opps sorry my bad... It's ribsandbbqbeef -emb
    and may I say, your wife is a lucky lady :D

12. don

don ello

rather go out and eat...

13. ribsandbbqbeef

Hehe, it's all good. As long as there's some ribs and some beef in the name, that's close enough lol =)

14. PhY pHy

PhY pHy Well-Known Member

I would totally die if a guy cook for me...hehe

15. thanislim

thanislim Active Member

I usually cook at home for my girl so if it's a special event I think its more appropriate to bring her to a high end restaurant, where we can both dress to kill and enjoy a nice and relaxing night. Usually cooking at home, I'll be sweaty and the cleaning up after meals takes away the special moment :)

Though I do love taking home made dessert from the fridge and we sit on the coach, watching movies and enjoying the dessert. Hmm....

16. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

i love to go out to eat at different places with different enviorments

but it's just the heart put into it that makes it all that sweet on a special occasion

17. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

hmm.. seems like many here choose fancy restaurant..

For those who chose that option, may I know how much you will be willing to pay per pax? 50 ~ 100 USD? or more?

18. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

home cooked meals
    feel the love

19. jrock1819

jrock1819 New Member

home

home cook meal is more cleaner.

20. shadow85

shadow85 Well-Known Member

home cooked food is awesome. it cheaper and you dont have to wait in line.