high end restaurant vs home cooked meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, May 1, 2007.

?

which would you rather have your bf/gf do to celebrate a special night?

1. home cooked meal

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. fancy restaurant

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Puhee

Puhee Active Member

Home cooked may be cheap and stingy but I have no money for $100 a plate!!!!

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

sometimes there are reasons beyond monetary. if one is working, i'm sure they can afford to eat out everyday ... when that happens, you'll get sick and tired of eating out. you'll end up enjoying eating in more ... well, you can certainly create the romantic settings ...

3. xxsweetheartxx

xxsweetheartxx Well-Known Member

you get to enjoy yourself more at home, and it's always fun to clean up after!

4. nah man. home cook is more fun.

5. ch0ps7ix

ch0ps7ix Well-Known Member

resturant.... :) home is like an everyday thing..... gotta make the night special by going out

6. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

USD

High school: $10/person

College: $20/person

Grad School/first job: $50/person

Now: $100/person

7. home cooked, comes from the heart

8. thanislim

thanislim Active Member

Depends on the occasion. I guess a 100 USD would be alright.

9. screw restaurant lol you got kids yelling in the background, old people laughing hard, dish falling a breaking and waiters and waitresses interrupting you...

at home, with a well dressed table, with lit candles, dimmed light, roses on one side, a special wine bottle in a can of ice... and showing the gf that you can do some fine cuisine... and the bedroom just a few rooms away.... now thats hot.

LOL dont mind the last part -lol

10. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^I think the word is 'posh' here... Doubt those scenarios happen often.

11. ^ ok... fine... subtract the candles and the roses.. and the dimmed light... the rest is still legit!

12. BabyRain

^ -huh? I dun get you..

13. ^ a scenario with just wine, fine home cuisine, and nicely decorated table is very plausible instead of the other one i suggested -lol

14. rdm

rdm Well-Known Member

I went to Aqua in hk...it was crap...a rip off and the stuff they served was so small!! Home cooked ftw.

15. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I think both are good, depending on mood. A romantic night out will be good once in a while. Home cooked meals are a good relaxation cuz u don have to dress nicely (in fact, don wear anything) or behave like you have to in restaurants. You're more comfortable at home but treating your partner to an expensive place will keep your partner happy and feeling well appreciated.

16. BabyRain

@Dann: Nothing wrong with the home scene u suggested...
    I was referrin to the restaurant; OP said it's a posh one :p so those kids yelling in the background, old people laughing hard, dish falling a breaking and waiters and waitresses interrupting you probably ain't gonna happen

17. ^ oh..... LOL my bad XD

but yea, theyre still loud... esp chinese restaurants lol but who would bring their gf/bf there lol

18. BabyRain

^True.. from my experience; Chinese restaurants are usually reserved for families... or group of friends.
    Probably bcoz it's best to order that 8-10 meal course...

19. Aznflyboi

Aznflyboi Member

home cooked meal would definitely be more personal i think, and shows more effort, anyone can take you to a restaurant.. but it's much more work for someone to cook a good meal for you

20. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

It depends on your special someone. I personally prefer the fancy restaurant because we can't avoid the after math of clean up