high end restaurant vs home cooked meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, May 1, 2007.

?

which would you rather have your bf/gf do to celebrate a special night?

1. home cooked meal

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. fancy restaurant

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Active Member

Money aside, lifestyle is probably the next most important factor... If you eat out all the time, then it won't feel as special... similarly, if you cook at home all the time... you wouldn't really want to cook some more...

All factors aside, I would opt for a home cooked meal made TOGETHER with my gf... so guys and girls... no lazing around... (over 90% of the girls I know CAN'T COOK!)...

While being spoiled is nice, I enjoy doing things w/ my gf more...

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ It's a sad truth isn't it? That most girls nowadays can even handle a frying pan. I am secretly glad that I am not part of the "going to starve and die" population if we fall into a survival game (no restaurants, no nuked food etc)

But the same can be said of guys. Most guys I know can barely handle a pack of instant noodle, let along anything which require more than 3 minutes to prepare...

3. evalnekochan

evalnekochan Well-Known Member

home cooked meal :)

4. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Over here; when a guy says he's going to make you dinner; expect spaghetti :D

5. aZn-BoNnEr

aZn-BoNnEr Well-Known Member

i would say home cook meal would be better when treating out ur date. -kiss1

6. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

Wow and the poll just JUMPED

for a minute there i thought you were going to start endorsing back yard BBQs

7. hiake

I personally love home cooked meal but then some of the people around me still live with their parents... so it's not romantic when there's an "uncle and aunt" pair in your peripherial vision :D

And it depends on where you go, some high end restaurants are quite accommodating (considering their price tag) that you can get the waitress to only approach you when you signal them/ when the food comes etc :)

8. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

hiake, you make a Very goOO pOINT

9. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

lol or.... [​IMG] ;)

10. hiake

^ Still pasta =_=bb

Seriously, making sauces from scratch is not THAT difficult... just an hour or so preparation...

11. SugaCutie0

lol^ couldn't help posting the hh...-blush Yep, just about a hour. I never use packet, can or bottle sauces when I make pasta, always scratch. Anyway.

12. hiake

I do use those tomato paste :p Coz high quality tomato isn't always available (or cheap =_=b)

And yeah, spices and all

13. SugaCutie0

^Never tasted or use paste, is it good? You are right about the price, sometimes it can get abit costly, for tomatoes that is.-^_^

14. hiake

Good tomato can be a killer @_@b especially during the off-seasons, not only are they expensive, they are difficult to come by...

So using paste (comes in tiny cans) are the safe bet for quality control :p Many recipes mention that it is acceptable substitute too :D

15. SugaCutie0

lol quality control? Save the tomatoes:p ...lol jk does it taste just as good as scratch, or can you tell the difference?

16. yenthi

yenthi Well-Known Member

home cooked. all the guys i seem to know can actually cook a certain dish really well.. except some martial artist whos way too independant for his own good that he cooks for himself everyday and is a health freak haha

17. hiake

@SugaCutie0: I think the two taste similar enough not to be differentiated, and the best thing IMO is, the paste doesn't have the peels (which I usually got too lazy to get rid of)

@yenthi: If I live anywhere near you, I woud ask you to introduce some of your friends to me :p

18. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

That's right!!!

Lol, seems that these two are the most common food they can come up with

19. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

hamberger helper is the best and its only going to take a short time to have a home cooked meal...or we can always get crave case and microwave haha

20. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

home cooked meal feels more special as he will have spent time deciding what to cook, preparing it and then eating it together alone