high end restaurant vs home cooked meal

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by smallrinilady, May 1, 2007.

?

which would you rather have your bf/gf do to celebrate a special night?

1. home cooked meal

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. fancy restaurant

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

well, i don't know about other guys lor.. but personally, i know i won't -bigsmile-bigsmile

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Like I say, the boy probably would not be scared off if he himself likes you :p
    If he doesn't, then of course he feels awkward...

3. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

restaurant for sure.
    hehe..
    too many home meals are borinnng.
    so dinner in the restaurant will be a pleasant change for maybe perhaps something new? -lol

4. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Depending on the occasion. If it's a special occasion, I'd prefer a cosy get together at home...preferably I don't have to end up doing the dishes...but then again, if he'd chip in and help, I woiuldn't mind either. :)

5. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

oh.. that i forgot... i dread having to wash.... i love to cook.. i hate to wash.. lol.. hmm i guess we'll just have to strike a deal before cooking the meal... i cook.. u waash... lol-bigclap

6. dreyvii

^Haha...maybe it'd be different if you had someone join you in washing up! :p I think any decent guy would offer to do the dishes when his girl's been slaving the whole evening whipping him a meal!

7. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

It really depends on your luck... Some guys (and girls, it's not gender specific) are shameless enough to have you cook a meal THEN clean it up by yourself without even offering to help... I secretly call them "mo ga gao" (no manner) -whistle

8. dreyvii

^I think it depends on upbringing, hence your branding them mo ga gao. Hehe. Cos I remember being invited to dinner at a close friend's place, an Englishman. He cooked and I offered to do the dishes afterwards, but he insisted that I shouldn't do it, cos that would mean that he was a bad host.

9. hiake

I understand it when it's a host-guest situation... But they are housemates... I just think it's fair to take turns cleaning for housemates who are sharing/renting the same place...

Talk about host... My housemate was too good a host, she insists that nobody should touch the dishes (for reason you've mentioned). And when she is "too busy" to do the dishes... I end up having to do it >.< I wasn't even part of the gathering...

10. dreyvii

^Hmm...that sucks. Haha...you should've just left it in the sink...she'll do it when she's done being "too busy"!! :p

11. hiake

Busy people can never be done with being "too busy", not to mention washing the dishes isn't very high on her priority list... <_<

12. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

This is why we use the dishwasher to wash dishes. It's convenient and saves time.

13. hiake

Dishwasher isn't the solution to all the dirty dishes in the world, you still have to rinse off the excessive oil and food on the dishes. Not to mention when one's too PREOCCUPIED to spare any time for dishes, a dishwasher is just a decorative machinary in the kitchen. She wouldn't even bother to put the dishes in the dishwasher, just leave them in the sink...

14. kpop

kpop Member

home cooked meal... and she need not be the chef....

15. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

haha.. i agree with hiake.. dishwashers don't wash all the dirt. you have to rinse off later anyway.. might as well just wash them the old fashioned way.-innocent2

16. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

lol... i have a friend in this situation... kinda...
    she used to be like.. oh... if i ever do get a bf.. i will never cook for him... even if i cook i;ll insist he will have to do the dishes.. bla bla bla..
    n then.. now she's cooking.. washing n slaving for him... funny how ppl can turn out lol....
    funny thing is...
    she automatically does it... bf never offers... she never insist... :D

aiks... dish washer.. power bill... o_O .. lol

17. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I don't know what kind of dishwashers you guys have, but the one I have cleans dishes perfectly and dries them well. It uses more electricity and water but it saves time.

18. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

^^^is it new??

19. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

Depends what you consider as new. Mine is only around 8 yrs old.

20. hiake

Weird choices us human beings make. I just hope that I won't have infatuation/love or whatnot blind me to slave for my prospective boyfriend <_<