HK (Cantonese) live streaming

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. taxidriverhk

taxidriverhk Active Member

yes, other account has 5 channels
    i would try it right now
    thank you

2. boy7404

boy7404 Well-Known Member

when you stream successful TVB your up to the forum.Thanks

3. taxidriverhk

i apologize that my internet is too slow
    the upload rate is not enough for operating a steady channel
    you may find other people to try that
    good luck...

4. derka-derka

derka-derka Active Member

for all ppl that find the mms link very laggy....change MMS to RTSPU...this will force widow media player to use rtsp over UDP, which is very stable....

i am now trying to use another program like VLC to do the same thing, as i want to braodcast it locally to other computers in my house....but VLC dsnt support UDP RTSP....so only WMP is supported at this time

5. taxidriverhk

when i change that to rtspu, wmp connected to the address but didn't buffer and said
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:")

did you know why? hope you could be able to help me.
    thank you very much

6. mizuKAZE

mizuKAZE Well-Known Member

this has actually nothing to do with the protocol. The receiving data from that stream is 20 ~ 30 KBps, which means its too slow to play it without stuttering.
    This stream actually need around 80KBps. So you wont play it smoothly without using download accelerator to catch up the 80 KBps stream

You can increase the buffer size, which let it play smoothly after it buffer it enough for a while. But it can't play without stutter, because the stream is just too slow (for the current video quality stream).

For example, If you stream a movie from megavideo. When ur NOT downloading more then you playing currently, the video will stop. After it buffers enough it wil play again. If the website isn't sending to you at a minimum consistent and needed speed to stream, you cant play it smoothly.

And about this tvb stream. Its far worse.
    So its just the server of the stream, which we cant do anything about it. When its busy, The speed will be capped i guess.
    Sometimes I get a stream with a speed of 110KBps, so this will stream without problems, but this doesn't happen often...

the only solution to this is to use a stream accelerator, like SpeedBit
    Speedbit allows you to get parrallel streaming. So you get more sources from the streams when you streaming. So this increase your streamspeed.

7. derka-derka

when i use rtspu it is recevieing at 731kbps....if using rtsp over TCP its receiveing at 31....
    if u cannot get it to work with rtspu, u may need to forward some ports on ur router or unblock ur firewall....i also had trouble playing when using wmp11.....but wmp9 and wmp12 is fine....very smooth....

8. winspaz

winspaz New Member

i'm in australia too, and the mms is lagging too much. its literally playing for 1 sec, stopping for 2 sec.

Is there still any working tvb sop channels?

9. derka-derka

i am still trying to find a way to rebroadcast that mms stream as i can get it to play over UDP protocol smoothly....but i just cant find any program apart from WMP that can use UDP....and then sopcast has stopped register channel....so i am stuck atm

10. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

You are the best! It is working like MAGIC! COnnection has been hella stable. Love my J2~!

11. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

if it's not much trouble, can you provide mms stream video for "cartoon network, toon disney, and nickelodeon"?
    thanks

12. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

^That's not TVB. Go order Cable dude! WTF

13. KilaKilaGirl

man, that's same thing!

14. taxidriverhk

does anybody know what port should i forward in order to be able to receive udp data on wmp? thanks

15. KilaKilaGirl

^get the latest Window media player

16. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

@mizuKAZE: I'm afraid you are wrong. derka-derka and thisdamngood can confirm that. Btw, I work in IT for a living, so I know my PC and networking stuff well enough. Thank you very much :)

@taxidriverhk: I can check the port numbers for you later, but you can try to Google that. Maybe you should let us know which OS and WMP version you are using. Anyway, you might want to try what is documented in the WMP Help:
    @derka-derka: I went down that road once. The only way I found to rebroadcast a MS RTSPU stream was to use Windows Media Services (WMS). It comes with Windows Server 2003/2008 and luckily enough I do have one of those at home, so I am using that to rebroadcast the stream to players that do not support the UDP stream (in my case an XBOX using XBMC).

17. taxidriverhk

I google that before, and i forwarded UDP 1-5000
    and disabled the firewall
    i am using windows xp and wmp 10
    the player could connect with the rtspu address
    but cannot buffer at all
    by the way, thank you for helping me find the port number

18. derka-derka

FYI: TVB Jade is offline again....

19. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

And all other MMS links it seems ... so back to TVB on PPLive for now.

20. derka-derka

seems tvb channels dnt last long...i dnt like PPlive too much because they put in china ads....i actually watch live tvb becos i like the HK ads....

im going to try get my friend to stream live from hk....see how it goes