HK (Cantonese) live streaming

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Cloudy15

Cloudy15 New Member

anyone have new links for tvb streams? i havent been able to succesfully use the proxy to watch tvb on the website.

2. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

TVB on PPTV (aka PPLive) still works as long as you do not update to version 2.6. At least for me it didn't work after going to 2.6, had to go back to 2.5. Here is the link to the version that I am using.

The only SopCast link that is still alive seems to be TVB Singapore which was provided by boy7404.

As a FYI, the original ATV channel still works on SopCast.

Note: I definitely won't have time to keep this thread up-to-date until late next year (old/new house, vacation, etc.). So hopefully boy7404 and others can keep things going in the meantime.

#562 Phantoman, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  3. LOL My router got stuck after installing PPLIVE

4. boy7404

boy7404 Well-Known Member

#564 boy7404, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. Cloudy15

Cloudy15 New Member

Thanks for the new links.

Additional info: if you want to play the normal TVB jade, open the URL in internet explorer. It should open with Windows Media Player. Firefox doesn't seem to open the page correctly, at least not for me.

6. bryantho

bryantho New Member

7. crackerbear

crackerbear Active Member

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Anyway of watching videos on mytvb?

I can't seem to find a proxy taht works.

i find proxy.. but it doesn't even load google =.=

So can anyone teach me how to use watch videos on mytvb?

9. dessy

dessy Member

Don't buy 3TV now, they fixed the name and now TVB jade chaeels jumps around with other TV channels in china within 10 seconds. PPlive sucks in a way that ads as shown above are China and as soon as the stream loaded, STARTED GETTING REALLY ANNOYED ABOUT IT, ads from china firstly is annoying and what we really love about HK ads is the voice. Everyone is entitled to their own option, I watch ads on stream and torrent New TVB shows everyday using utorrent

*channels

10. peppermint

peppermint Well-Known Member

Not tvb news, but online streaming of the latest hk news, entertainments, dicussion and finance. http://tv.on.cc/
    videos are roughly a few minutes long, the reporters are quite sacrastic lol... YOU WILL LOVE THE SITE

11. crackerbear

crackerbear Active Member

I use that site already, it's no where near as good as TVB news, but as you say, it's pretty funny sometimes :)

12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

So.. anyway to watch mytvb.com?

13. beatmag

beatmag Member

do any of these streams still work?
    i would like to try watch live tvb... :(

14. shrilzer

shrilzer New Member

Eh I managed to get it streaming on HaoeTV but the quality is iffy (might be a bit laggy too). It takes quite a while to load but its better than nothing. If anyone is interested I will happily assists you.

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Proxies dont work on mozilla.. but they work fine on Opera.

however, the connection is too slow.. and it keep telling me to "Try to Reconnect" once i reach the video. Any way to fix this?

16. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

^

Yup same too

17. beatmag

beatmag Member

im still interested, are there any good quality streams left?
    t.v_b channel ....?

i tried pplive, and ended up joining to some channel which had mandarin ads which i didn't understand. and the quality was pretty crap.

i couldn't work out what to do in ppstream.... i have no idea how to enter in the url.

18. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

PPLive / PPTV is the best there is right now, period! It's stable and unlike the previous Sopcast TVB streams that only worked for a week and then disappeared, the PPLive stream has been working fine for more than a year now. One caveat is that you do not upgrade to version 2.6, maybe they fixed that by now.

And for those who are complaining about commercials being from mainland China when using PPLive, then you are at the wrong place. This thread was intended for watching the dramas and shows in real time, not commercials. Furthermore it's a bit weird that you would watch TV just for commercials, lol.

A 2nd option is to use the TVBj stream (TVB Singapore) from SopCast that boy7404 provided previously. You can also watch the ATV stream from SopCast if you are for example into Korean dramas.

At the end of the day, please remember that all this is for free. If you want better quality/service please go get DirectTV, Satellite, IPTV, Cable, etc for which you will have to pay for ... and then stream your paid channels and share it with us :)

19. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Can anyone check for me if PPlive has 巨聲工房 (updates regularly) ? Thanks!

If it does, then i dont have to worry about mytvb.com.. cuz i just want to watch that. If PPlive has it..then i'll switch.

So can anyone check for me? Thanks :D

20. shrilzer

shrilzer New Member

I have the same problem. There is no place to put the url. Could someone please address this issue? I've been at a loss fumbling through the menu bar. Thank you in advance.

#580 shrilzer, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010