HK (Cantonese) live streaming

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. taxidriverhk

taxidriverhk Active Member

this software is obviously streaming based on SopCast
    so there must be a way to get the sop:// address, is that right???
    but the context menu is disabled in this software, so it's not easy to do that
    but is there anyone can be able to record the live on BeTV with P2P TV Recorder?
    Thank you so much.....

2. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

I'm finally hooked up to the Internet at home after 5 months without. Don't wish this on my worst enemy! I even noticed we have a new message board now ... well at least the interface is new.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the thread alive and kicking (especially boy7404). I have been using PPTV in the meantime and it's still working as long as you use the older version. Didn't know about BETV though, so I didn't waste time installing it and voila! ... works like a charm ... and yes, this is like a SopCast clone. Unfortunately I have not been able to determine how to translate their channels to the sop:// format ... if that's even possible. I used a packet sniffer and all, but no luck. Doesn't bother me much though, I can stream from it in the same way I did with SopCast. The only difference is that I had to use Sandboxie to start multiple instances of BETV, otherwise it only allows one instance. So I am now streaming like 6 channels on BETV and 2 on SopCast.

Btw, here is the url for TVB Entertainment News (Pay Vision):
    [hide]sop://117.135.141.178:3920/546[/hide]

Edit: Looks like the channel mentioned above is TVBj which was provided by boy7404 like a year ago.

Are there any Pay Vision channels on BETV ?

P.S.: Sorry for the long post, but you kind of understand that I have not had my own Internet connection for the last 5 months right ? :)

#622 Phantoman, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Amazing how you're still alive without internet for 5 months. I woulda been dead by now. LOL!

But.. i just use a HK proxy & go on mytv to watch. Sometimes its slow.. but if your proxy is working.. every video will work.

4. Phantoman

Well I managed to go by with the Internet from work and friends :) Not the same experience though when you have your own connection where you can download at will ... if you know what I mean.

Back to this BETV thingie ... it seems to be using a different stream type (MPEG-PS) which my XBMC doesn't seem to support properly (only audio or hangs). Pffff ... time to order that HTPC ... the age of XBMC 4 XBOX has passed.

5. taxidriverhk

This is 18/6/2011 in Hong Kong right now, all Hong Kong channels (including ATV channels) from BETV stopped working, that means we could not be able to connect them. However, the mainland channels like CCTV, Phoenix are still working. I doubt that the tvb channels from BETV was discovered by TVB personnel and they requested BETV to stop streaming the channels, but i hope it's not true, and wish the tvb channels to be back very soon. If there are any new source of TVB channels (no mainland ads) or the tvb channels from BETV have been repaired, please don't be hesitate to post here, your contribution is strongly appreciated, thank you.

6. Prescott

Prescott Well-Known Member

All the HK channels are back up on BeTV.

Just a quick question. Does anybody know how to make the picture wider in the BeTV?

7. deadsniper

deadsniper New Member

Only TVB Jade seems to be working.. all other is still down.. at least for me. (I'm located in Toronto.)

EDIT: They are working now.

#627 deadsniper, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  8. taxidriverhk

After you have installed BETV, download DivX Plus (must be Plus) from DivX official website
    then install it, once installed, open "Codec Settings" or similar item, then on the item ratio (or similar), choose "forced widescreen"
    and finally close the settings window, and open BeTV again, the playing screen should be wider as below

Attached Files:

9. Phantoman

Alternatively:
    - Start the channel on BETV.
    - Then use VLC Player to watch the channel by entering the URL http://<IP_Address_Where_BETV_Is_Runnig>:8902 (or http://localhost:8902 if you are on the same machine) as a Network Stream.

10. km1

km1 Member

Can someone post the url for this BeTV and instructions on how to use it. Thanks

11. i know people using PPS to watch all the recent dramas..... and it seems really straight forward.... if you can read chinese

12. 3liminator

3liminator Well-Known Member

TVB channels are down on BeTV

13. taxidriverhk

From your post, I finally got how to record stream from BeTV with VLC (Version 1.1.10)

Steps are as follows: (Images are attached for easier comprehension)
    Step 1. Open BeTV, choose the channel you want to watch
    (TVB was not working at that time, so I was forced to choose mainland channel)

Step 2: On the toolbar, click "Media" -> "Open Network Stream"
    , then copy this address http://localhost:8902 to the URL bar, and click "Play"

Step 3: The VLC Player should be playing the stream as the image shows, but please notice that there may be some delay on the VLC player

Step 4: On the toolbar, again, click "Media" -> "Convert/Save"

Step 5: At the item "Destination", choose "browse", then choose the location you want to save the stream recording at, and save it as yourname.mpg, it must be in .mpg format in order to record smoothly and with high quality. If you want to watch while you record the stream, please check the item "Display the output". Finally, click "Start" to start recording the stream.

Step 5: VLC Player should start recording after few seconds, if you have chosen "Display the output", then the output should appear in few seconds, to stop recording, click "Stop" button, then come back to the location you saved the recording, you should be able to see the .mpg file.

PS: Please note that there may be problems on watching the output .mpg file directly, conversion to .wmv is strongly recommended, but the quality will be obviously lowered. Hope you enjoy it!!!

Attached Files:

#633 taxidriverhk, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  14. Phantoman

See main post on 1st page.

15. km1

km1 Member

thanks Phantom. Figured out that the main issue I had was the fact I downloaded the english version of the player.

16. boy7404

boy7404 Well-Known Member

#636 boy7404, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  17. boy7404

How to remove advertising in BeTV? Delete Folder advertising and advertising.exe in folder

18. boy7404

Test by Boy7404:
    [HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]
    [HIDE][​IMG][/HIDE]

#638 boy7404, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  19. Phantoman

Please note that the HIDE sections are not really effective anymore since the forum upgrade. See this post.

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Make a .txt file and put it in attachments. lol