HK (Cantonese) live streaming

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Asianiza

Asianiza Member

Did anyone get it work with 16:9 I hv tried that Dvix settings but it is not working. For now I am streaming it through VLC, is there another solution?

2. kocoman

kocoman Member

Is anyone using BETV? it does not work now, keep timeout when updating channel list

3. mklo

mklo Member

Same problem here. Looks like server is down.

4. Prescott

Prescott Well-Known Member

I was able to get in this afternoon. But it seems to be down again

5. Only520

Only520 Member

Cool thanks for the hardwork, I will try it when i have time.

6. minimax

minimax Guest

jkav.tk domain seems down...

7. hmm sopcast interesting.

8. kenwai

kenwai New Member

Cool
    I Didnt Get Sop and PPStream work
    But Nice work
    Asain Hollanders Rocks

9. cyberguerilla

cyberguerilla Member

Hey Boys and Girls

I wonder if all this crazy stuff is actually worth it. Like many here I used to gun down the sopcast, MMS, and PPStream URLs too. This is no longer the case. Plus, getting those addresses posted in public is like a kiss of death to them.

The IPTV industry is really hot in China. One of the products churned out there is from Hong Kong company (http://www.lwstb.com/tvpad/11/index.html) actually provides a set-top box for a one time fee (shipment included) of less than US$200 and offers both pre-recorded videos and live Cantonese broadcasts (TVB + ATV). I think this box will be money well spent for everyone reading this thread. Instead of working with IP addresses that come and go, let others handle it.

#669 cyberguerilla, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  10. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Well let's see if you are right. I just added all the SopCast channels that I have in the main post. Anyway, they were publicly available on Chinese sites for some time now.

The site is not fully in English, so I'll wait for reports from people who tested this. I wonder though, what guarantee do you have that this will keep working ? Aren't they getting the channels from the same P2P sources that we publish here ? Furthermore isn't this from the same people behind BETV ?

11. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I still need help w/ this. can you folks help me? can't seem to get it.

12. Phantoman

My crystal ball isn't working today -sorc, so can you be a bit more specific ? What do you need help with ? What don't you get ? What do you see ? What does it do ? What errors do you get ?

13. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

Phantoman, I am glad you are back. I am watching TVB Live again :)

14. Phantoman

Enjoy it while it lasts :)

15. sexyj

sexyj New Member

thanks for the instructions

16. cyberguerilla

cyberguerilla Member

Thanks for the input. Just a disclaimer: I am just a casual viewer, not in any way affiliated with the vendor of the device (Longway Technology) or any of the video network streaming services involved in the device. So I personally can't guarantee you that. I just read from their Chinese Web site about their content provider backers, a 3-year warranty and online post-sales support access: I am relatively convinced that if something goes wrong someone will be someone taking care of making things work again.

BTW thanks for the Sopcast stuff. I do have relatives who do not want computers in living rooms, nor do they want to spend extra money to buy hardware (they already spent on a Boxee box and the iPad doing HDMI out to the TV). Sopcast will be perfect for them. I just feel for hunting down sop:// URLs that may come and go from time to time is rather exhausting, sometimes I wish others take care of it.

17. indelible

indelible New Member

thanks for the links

18. Phantoman

Darn it! Everything except TVB HD is down. I hope me sharing the links on this site didn't have anything to do with that. If so, the powers that may be can PM me.

So here we go again, sop:// URLs hunting again, heh cyberguerilla ?

UPDATE: Works fine again ... let's see for how long.

#678 Phantoman, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  19. dud_dee

dud_dee New Member

20. luisfabiano

luisfabiano Active Member

Hi! Does this set top box have a wifi antenna? Or you need a wifi dongle?