HK (Cantonese) live streaming

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Phantoman, Nov 22, 2008.

1. robo_tec

robo_tec Well-Known Member

Alright.. just tracked my delivery as well. it just arrived to Sweden! \o/

I can smell the package!

2. uniqlo

uniqlo Active Member

you're in Sweden? which part?

3. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Maybe you guys are neighbours :) I do have a nice Swedish colleague sitting next to me btw.

My order has just been sent today :( So let's see how long that will take. I have two projects in mind when I get mine. Finding out if there is a way to run the Android apps on another Android device and finding the source of the streams so I can watch streams without using the TVPad.

4. bangali

bangali New Member

5. robo_tec

@uniqlo, well I am in Stockholm and you?

@Phantoman, yea find the srouces will be a nice project.

6. JVC888

JVC888 Well-Known Member

7. Phantoman

8. JVC888

JVC888 Well-Known Member

I think you have to order at least 10 for that price (also don't know if it includes shipping). The price for 1 unit is around 200 US dollar (doing a quick search) and after 1 year you have to pay a monthly fee (or yearly fee in advance). This device has more overseas channels though, but I am not really interested in that.

More competition is good, maybe the prices go down then.

#1068 JVC888, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  9. hawai

hawai Well-Known Member

For those who bought the latest TVPad M121 with the 2.70 firmware:
    Is this what the box looks like now? Does this seems like this is a genuine TVPad?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TVPAD2-M121...C_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item53ebe81411

This is from a U.S. Ebay seller. Even though it might cost a little more, I might consider just buying it from him because it is easier than filling the registration and getting the phone call in chinese. It might even arrive faster since I am in the U.S.

10. uniqlo

uniqlo Active Member

Göteborg, are you from HK?

11. robo_tec

yea I was born in HK.

12. uniqlo

uniqlo Active Member

hahaha.... we've got a "北歐香港街坊福利會" in facebook, some HK-ese living in Scandinavia chit-chating there...

welcome to join us!!

13. robo_tec

LOL, how many members do you have there :p

one thing is for sure, my wife said DHL just delivered a package from China and what can that be?!

just feel lika child few hours before christmas eve. CAN'T WAIT to get home and tear apart the package!

14. Phantoman

Jesus man, you still haven't ordered yet ? Lol, I thought you had it plugged in and all by now. Just close your eyes and order it :) As for eBay, it's a top seller and you have Buyer's Protection and stuff, so go ahead.

I'm so jealous !!!! Mine is still stuck in China :(

15. uniqlo

uniqlo Active Member

i'm not 100% sure, it should be around 9-10 ppl in the group...

one of them is living in Stockholm...

----

just checked DHL, mine is now in Germany, can't wait!!

#1075 uniqlo, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  16. robo_tec

Ok, I think this product is nice. good stream and the channels loads pretty fast.
    so it's definitly worth $200.

the remaining question is how long will it last.

17. phead128

phead128 Member

There is actually two apps in the TVPad that streams HKTVB..

This suggests that in case one of the TVB streams are shut down, there is a second TVB stream that is running in TVB as backup...

At least this is what the sales person told me :D

Also, TVPad supposely has a support forum that is pretty active. I'll tell my dad to bitch at them if TVB gets shut down lol... :D

Go HK! I'm from HK, but I moved to USA when I was 15 months old... I'm doing this for my parents :D

18. Wiseman-Ray

Wiseman-Ray Member

Hope it is not true but I overheard that from the person who knows TVPad, they are currently testing the authentication to the apps. (That's why BeTV and Sopcast is gone) If they are successful, they will start to charge the monthly fee to watch the streaming. They are trying to increase their customer base at this moment without the subscription fee but then they plan to increase their profit by charging a reasonable monthly fee in the future, they think that all the existing customers should willing to pay for it to protect their investment on the device.

I am still thinking of buying this........

19. Phantoman

Good to hear that, I just can't wait. Where is my Xmas present ?!?! Can you also please answer hawai's question before I decide to order it for him ? :)

Btw, the 3rd project is to find a way to re-stream the channels from the TVPad to my other devices. I'll be busy for some time I guess.

20. Phantoman

BETV stopped transmitting TVB a long time before this. SopCast was gone recently and it requested username/password for a short period of time before vanishing. Well, for the 40 Euros a month that you would pay in Europe to get 5 channels via satellite dish, then I wouldn't even mind paying 10 Euros a month for TVPad if it works flawlessly.