HK - Must Eat Food?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by tien317, Apr 7, 2008.

1. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Lol... maybe i did but i don't remember. Am i missing out? :drool:?

2. Jayotacon

Jayotacon Well-Known Member

yarkkk stinky tofu i had ate this last year in restaurant that was so-sick2 and smelly and only one piece

Shark fin soup is sooo good :p

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol yea you missing out on trying one of the valuable foods ya know..and shit out gold afta... lol i really don't know any asians who haven't tried shark fin haha.... how bout abalone and bird's nest soup man.

4. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Oh dang, i gotta get myself a shark fin... but what the hell... abalone and bird nest soup? Uhh :ugh:.

5. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

THanx all....Stinky tofu can be found in Malaysia also. But the smell keeps me away....

6. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

egg tarts - dan tat
    street food like the fried stinky tofu on a stick, curry egg balls on a stick, intenstine's on a stick (not kidding, so yummy)

go for the FRESH sugar cane juice, i mean they squeeze it in front of you

oh also go for all the fresh pasteries in the morning

7. Suiko

Suiko Well-Known Member

bird nest egg tart.. anyone tried that before?

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

yep agree got love the pasteries, so nice food and its dead cheap compared to other places.

9. j6ho

j6ho Member

definetly the fish balls

10. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

OoOo...I'll be there sometime in August too! :)

If you like roasted goose, try Chan Kei in Sham Tseng...they've got the best roasted goose around, IMO.

For breakfast, try chi fan (glutinous rice with chicken floss inside) with soya milk. It tastes heavenly! And I think generally most dim sum restaurants have a good variety of tasty dim sum...I usually go for egg tarts, har gao, nai wong pao (custard buns) which is the ultimate yum!

Try out the street food as they mentioned. Stinky tofu near the ladies street market. Curry fishballs everywhere. The last time I went it was winter, so they had roasted chestnuts and gai darn zhai...that was good too.

July should be pretty warm, so cool yourself with a good bowl of guai nin gao (herbal jelly). Or if you like something sweet, try the seong pei nai (double skin milk)...it's good.

11. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

the only thing would be Yum Cha witch nearly every china town has

12. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

i havent gone since i was 5 so im not sure but i might go next year

13. saulin

saulin Member

I was born and raised in Hong Kong, and return at least once each year to see friends and relatives. As mentioned previously, there are many good food courts and small shops that have absolutely fabulous dishes. We especially like to stop at the very small noodle shops on occaision as you can find outstanding, delicious dishes in some. All in all, and we've traveled to Europe, all over Asia, including Japan, and have found the the best food can still be food almost everywhere in Hong Kong!!

Did someone actually mention Burger King or McDonald's in a thread having to do with good (or real) food??? Hard to believe!!!!

14. tg79

tg79 Active Member

Try their dim sum's, egg tart and stinky tofu (if you dare)

15. dorby

dorby Member

awesome!! im going in may cant wait!!

16. mobidoo

mobidoo Well-Known Member

17. Snowwhites

Snowwhites Well-Known Member

In HK there are so many to choose from why eat fast-food?!

18. miss_myw

miss_myw Member

I was there in December... luvvvvv the food!!
    I recommend Kowloon City (Food District) they have lots of good restaurant, lots of Thai food ( Kam Bo is good) and Hotpots (Fei Goh).
    Oh and you definitely have to go to a 茶餐廳 (Cha Chan Teng) for the bo lo bao's, eggtarts, milk tea and my favorite Egg toast with peanut butter.
    Too much to tell...just ask some locals for recommendation, I did that too when I was there.

I'm sure you're gonna have a great time in HK.

19. superbug9

superbug9 Well-Known Member

THe desserts are great....actually everything is great but what i love is the chinese style waffles with they add peanut butter and condense milk and sugar...

20. flubbachany

flubbachany Active Member

Just an egg and ham sandwich from any chinese cafe. That is gold.