Hong Kong...

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by -Tisken-, Jan 15, 2007.

1. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ yeh upgraded for free! duno why...

lol yeh pay 1st class for us all, tickets for business are almost double economy i swear!!!

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

no what i mean is if your gonna shell out a little bit more premium why not go that little bit further and just go for 1st class >.<

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^oooo i think its a pretty big leap to 1st from premium, dunno bout business to 1st, but still the prices are rediculous

4. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Is not little, is more like a hugh grip in between. I can never afford 1st class. :(

5. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ maybe in the future I will save up just for that first class ticket!

6. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

For me its both the shopping and the food :D ... other than that there are places to visit. However everytime I go back I get bitten something rotten >.< and I always end up wiv legs that draw attention >.< .. this part I hate .. oh and the long long flight, sitting for hours on the plane isn't fun as I can't seem to sleep on them >.<

7. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

when i went back in summer, i was actually ok from bites :D only got like 2 the whole month i was in HK and they were both from when i went to china for a week.

Ive actually learnt to sleep on the flight despite the pain you wake up in, a mp3 player and in ear earplugs are wonderful, they block babies crying and the engine noises

8. brown_bear

yeh i get bitten too, im so going to take that spray thing with me this time -lol i can never sleep going to HK as im always super excited and then on the way back i sleep a little but never for very long as i either try and do my school work >.<

9. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ yeh insect/mosquito repellent is a good idea :D although funny thing is when i was over in china with my english friend he got bitten so many times and my aunt was like the mosquitos like the taste of foreign blood...

Yeh the excitement makes me sleep less on the way to HK (but i always end up sleeping at least the last 3 hours cause my flights are always evening flights) but on the way back to UK, im exhausted and too depressed to stay awake -lol

10. brown_bear

^ haha thats because foreign must taste nicer -angry

er i think we always go for night time flights too and arrive hk like in the mid afternoon too and then on the return flight we arrive uk like at night too :D

pretty impressive if you manage to sleep 3 hours though i dont think i even get that -lol hey do you wear that eye mask too? -lol

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yeh! the eye masks rule!! especially if someone near you has got the reading light on!!!

Man i get evening flights from HK to Uk and end up in UK 5-6am all the time ...

12. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

Oh did that ... I got the repellent stick that you rub all over, got those things that look like bright yellow plaster and emit an horrible smell that repels the insect, plus on top of that I got one of those sound emitting keyring things too. Wiv 3 protection in one go it should work, but nope I got bitten still >.< (i even took pics of my bites for proof when I got back!) However it did help somewhat, the last time which was when I used all 3 protection/repellant, I only got bitten 6 times, compare to the first time I was in HK I got bitten over 30 times and I had to go to the doctors when I came back as it all turn to some horrible infection>.< ... I even tried going back different season/month, it doesn't help either. So far I tried Jun-Aug, Sept-Oct, Feb-Mar in all those times I been back.

About the not sleeping its not cuz it noisy or getting restless. It's because sitting in a seat too long I get a bad back that even if I have fallen into a deep sleep, it wakes me up -unsure

13. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ with some good headphones, you can drop off to sleep without being woken up, until some attendant wakes u up for brekkie....

lol go winter, ive not even seen a biting insect when i go back in winter!! or sleep in a mosquito net armed with repellent spray!

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

did we conclude who's gonna go in the summer yet?

15. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^lol no

I may be going :)

16. cfirekev

cfirekev Member

shopping, shopping is always good

17. aylmer

aylmer Member

wen i go back...i usually catch up wif my relatives...

however, i would recommend d peak, wan chai and mongkok for shopping, stanley's market, it u like walking saikung has heaps of walking tracks......ermmm..disneyland?? and prolly ocean park

18. brown_bear

i went to sai-kung for a BBQ one time and that was super fun :D

19. Once I went to some place and there was loadsa people fong kite...
    There was so many wire/string things everywhere!
    Nearly killed myself like 10x >.<

20. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ should have brought some scissors :p

ahhh i wana go bbq in HK