How are Japanese schools?

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by Terran910, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

lol...dumb dumbs...what a nice way to put to...:xd:

2. bokchoyjai

bokchoyjai Member

japanese schools aren't as strict as they were in the early 80s.. now everyone is very carefree (of course there are still students that are very studious) ... but then people still go to "juku" (cram school) everyday..

3. i heard high school is the most demanding and once you get into a university it is more like just a social networking experience and very laid back... and companies hire people based on the university they went to...

4. juzlikeme

juzlikeme Member

the schools are great with lots of cute japanese girls.

5. superbug9

superbug9 Well-Known Member

I think they are very strict

6. devimon

devimon Banned

I should go to japan and become a high school teacher there, then I can see hot girls in skirt everyday

7. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

I got an 18 year old japanese friend who is a 3rd year High School student and she really doesnt like it. They have tests every week. Tests tests and more tests. They have tests over the weekends sometimes and they start school at like 8:30am in the morning and dont finish til like 4pm. then they have to do after-school activities. no coursework at all unlike England. not sure about other countries. They have like 9 subjects, im not sure what they all are. but she has English speaking, English writing, English reading, Contemporary Japanese, Classic Japanese, Classic Chinese, Japanese writing, World History, P.E. cant remember what the other ones are. no science or Maths for her. She has vocabulary tests for English and Kanji - chinese characters every week. As for the roof thing, she said people only go there to skip lessons and she skipped a particular class cos she hated the teacher. if they fail tests, they have to redo it unlike they pass. they have extra lessons after school in order to pass. She once told me, she had to redo Maths test a lot until she passed it and dont finish til like 8pm.

#27 Natsu, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  8. Ritsuten

Ritsuten Member

lol half the replies or more on this topic dont leave the words skirts and uniform haha
    basically sums up jap schools cant be without the topic of hot girls in sailor uniforms and short skirts XD

9. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Yea, it's funny how all the kids have to wear a hat ^^

10. freedomriders

freedomriders Active Member

great educational system... but the schools are 4/5 the size of american schools b/c of the height difference

11. kawaiigirl

kawaiigirl Well-Known Member

omg 8am til 4 pm .. i'm gonna died if i were in japan lol.

12. hard to explain

.. its like school... but with Japanese kids...not... like... animes.....