How do you make the best Nuc Mum (Fish Sauce ? )

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by Myolie88, Nov 30, 2005.

1. pho. i eat pho daily. well... i used to in montreal lol

now that im in toronto, i eat pho on a weekly basis haha

as for nuoc mam, dont make it... just buy it lol JUST 99 CENTS lmao

2. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

Everyday? Wow... I can eat pho here but the thing is... it's just not as good as when my ex bf's mother made it... And the fish sauce.... It's only good with VN food and I am only able to make the summer rolls... and dont feel like making the rolls for myself only... Mostly make it when im at home in NL... Now I just buy 2 rolls on my way home

3. ^ see, if you were a vietnamese child like i was, pho everyday is like a gift from heaven lmao

4. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

for vn people, we eat fish sauce with everything. Fish sauce for Vietnamese = Soy Sauce for Chinese

5. elite99

elite99 Member

Best to buy them from shops, if you make it yourself you would make your whole house small of fish

6. amyvu

amyvu Member

im 100 percent chinese but i also eat nuc mam and it not hard to make at all

7. psych0gambit

psych0gambit Active Member

Nuoc mam is so amazing.
    I usually randomly mix, fish sauce, lime/lemon, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and chili peppers. Don't have an exact recipe, just mix until it tastes right.

The right way is nước mắm I think...too lazy to type that all the time : P

8. hattori99

hattori99 Member

many ways to do it, but I would put a lot of hot chili and garlic to the sauce.

I use it for almost any combination of food. I'm a student, don't have money, so when there is nothing left in my fridge I take nuc mum and poor it over rice.

9. pto88

pto88 Well-Known Member

I like fish sauce with vermicelli, spring rolls, salad rolls