How to write a personal statement??

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by Phoenix, Sep 11, 2008.

1. YingYing

YingYing Well-Known Member

i did mine quite a while ago now..mine was fairly easy and straight forward as all the courses i applied for were quite similar..

check the descriptions of courses from their website/prospectus..that really helped me figure out what to write..have you decided which unis you want to go to?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i've picked 4 uni's already....got one more to choose.....
    my tutor is checking my P.s, should have it bk on monday.... O____o

3. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

same same, i have picked 4 universities already.
    one left over to choose
    nottingham or sheffield? for architecture...
    OH MAN i dunno which one *cry*...
    this is a risky one too =/ im predicted AAB =_= and both those unis are AAA.
    but the other unis ive picked vary in grades...

someone help me X_X

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

i would go for sheffield cos its just a better social environment and they are prob more likely to take u in cos nottingham are quite strict on grades i think. then again if u think u can get 3 A's why don't u go for cambridge. but then again i guess that does depend on ur GCSE's as well and u do rele need to be predicted 3 A's.

5. tiffystars

yeh i think im going to apply to sheffield .... it's risky yeeehh...
    but i hope my p.s is strong lol....
    my gcse grades lolz. i took 13 subjects.. didn't do that well
    it's like 5A* 2As and 6 Bs x_X...

yeh probably sheffield.. i just really hope they don't depend on my grades really... i'd be lucky if they asked for a portfolio.. lol.. then maybe i can shine more through that lolz...

*sigh*.. im applying to Liverpool, Manchester (also AAA now x_X), UCL, JMU..and yeh sheffield.

thanks for your advice :)

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye manchester are very tough on grades, thought i like to let u know but ur gcse grades seem to be excellent.

7. YingYing

come to cardiff!!! ive been in and out of the archi building..seems like a nice and busy place in there..hehe..

and night life is great here =D though archi students might not have the time to party..

8. Phoenix

you didnt do well? -_-2 5 A*?? is not good? lol

9. tiffystars

Cardiff is like no.1 top uni for architecture, i am no way good enough for that.. it's even higher than cambridge lolz!! so no way.. if i was clever then i would apply there hahaha..

it's not very good compared to the year i am in.. they are all just insanely clever =/ ....... 50 ppl in my year are like early applicants for medics/vets/oxbridge ppl.....==" ...my gcses are like average there LOL..

pheonixgirl16^^" have you picked ur last uni yet :) ?

10. YingYing

i did want to do architecture but my grades were not good enough so i opted for architectural engineering instead..if you like maths too then u might want to consider it..

didnt know architecture was no1 in cardiff..i just knew civil engineering was..

11. tiffystars

My maths is poor...well it's my B prediction (im nowhere near a B yet).. but i did like rly bad in that subject in my AS exams.. architectural engineering sounds MUCH MUCH harder than architecture...
    i dropped physics this yr. it was enjoyable... but i just sucked at it lolz..

is the architectural engineering course really good??

12. YingYing

it was ok..but im finding it harder to get a job now because its inbetween architecture and civil engineering..some places would rather tka eon architects, and some would rather take civils..

but the course was enjoyable..i think it might be more varied as we had our design modules, but then we also did things like soil mechanics, hydraulics, concrete, metals..best thing about our course was that we had two field trips ..hehe..you have 3 if you take the masters course..lotsa fun..entry level is only around a BCC so easy to get in..but there is a lot of Maths..

13. Phoenix

your classmates must be way smart lol

more or less yeh i got my 5 choices....but i'm guna visit that uni an see if they do my course...cos they got something similar but its not exactly the right one...so wana check it out first...

14. JackyJack

JackyJack Active Member

what university is it for? That'll eliminate some ideas you may not want.