Hyd vs. Meteor Garden

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by dot, Jan 24, 2007.

1. hohohln35

hohohln35 Member

hana yori dango is way better than meteor garden!

2. dot

dot Well-Known Member

waaaaah.... there goes the season finale for hana yori dango 2!!! hmm, i wasnt overly impressed though..... anybody else have thoughts?

3. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

do u have hana yori dango 2 episode 11 with english subs?

4. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

5. SakuraAngel

SakuraAngel Member

hana yori dango
    overall
    i just think hyd2 is FREAKIN AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

but i think how the story is plotted out in MG1 is more suitable for me. more dragged out rather than... 5 chapters crushed in one scene in hyd.

so im in the gray zone? there's pros and cons to both

6. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

i agree with everybody else, hana yori dango is much better

7. dot

dot Well-Known Member

hyd2 soft subs are out for ep 11... i dun have the hardsubbed version... do u want the srt files?

8. i personally liked meteor gardenn more just because it was the first drama i watched. but i like hana yori dango 2 better than meteor garden 2. meteor garden 2 was just too draggy. one more episode of hyd2 lefttt

9. kylagurl

kylagurl Member

Yeah, I lurve hana yori dango too! The cinematography and music and background were all more genuine than Taiwan's version ahha. But it's still very amusing seeing all that many fans croon over F4. I'm not one of them! ahhaha...

10. maidesu

maidesu Member

The F4 in Meteor Garden was pretty disappointing, and they didn't go to the extremes as they could have with the glamor and such, but it was fairly truthful to the original storyline so I liked it even though it was extremely repetitive after a while. HYD was bright and shiny, but especially for the second season... bounced a lot between things. Their F4 was pretty hot though. ^^;;

11. ppjj10

ppjj10 Member

hana yori dango is way better!!!!! meteor garden was sooooooo slow it drags on forever!! n i find the f4 in meteor garden ugly!!!!n meteor garden is sooo dul.....hana yori dango was way better!!!

12. bjlove

bjlove Member

HYD i found, is much better

13. bluefrost

bluefrost New Member

lol HYD2 is not up to par with HYD1...HYD1 is much better

14. cryz.changmin

cryz.changmin Member

i think, mmm... for me meteor garden its better than hyd.
    i dunno, maybe bcoz im a big fan of F4 XD (Vic Zhou~~!).
    So yeah i dont really like the J. F4. i prefer T. F4...
    but its just my toughts~~!
    XDD
    but i think hyd its like , more the same as the manga, and meteor garden changes alil things.
    But i prefer Meteor garden XDD hahah

15. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

For me, HYd was better than meteor garden..It was more 'animated' n fun to watch..and the whole kinda design n structure of it was kinda cute..so HYD rulez!! =D

16. PearlC

PearlC Active Member

Absolutely love HYD!!!

17. stawbewii

stawbewii Well-Known Member

of course HYD!!! i wasn't into metor garden..thought it was quite plain and boring....didnt kno what the craze over mg was for....but hyd is soo good ^^ also has better f4

18. purpleheart12

purpleheart12 New Member

having seen both dramas i'll still go with meteor garden both seasons..
    first off their F4 is way cuter..the hanayori's F4 is no where like the F4 of mg..
    the storyline is long..but that's just because they're trying to stick with the original plot of the anime..geez it has like 51 episodes
    the relationship bet. makino and rui is well more explained..you could see makino's emotional struggle as she tries to make up her mind on who she really has feelings for...but in hanayori this is vague..
    and that scene with shigeru on top of tsukasa...didn't make any sense..how do you go from throwing a chair to being on top of tsukasa..but every step that led to shigeru being on top of tsukasa was shown in mg..
    and the 2nd season's plot of hanayori..it was stupid..jus bec. someone close to you commited suicide..and ur under a lot of pressure..doesn't mean you have to ditch your gf..he's engagement to shigeru obviously doesn't have to do anything with this..bec. he has no idea before it came about..and in mg2 tsukasa's growing sense of maturity is more specified..he learned how to cook and when he found out how self-centered, rude and bratish he has been..we saw the change in his character..i don't seen any adult-like change in tsukasa in hanayori..except when he went down on his knees and hands begging to rui but that was clearly out of desperation..but it all comes down to the acting isn't it..mg's more comical..hyd's more dark and dramatical..but it isn't fair for the tai f4's acting skills to be compared to the jap f4..for most of them, its their first time of acting..specially huaze lei..but still managed to hold it down..

19. jell

jell Active Member

HANA YORI DANGO is the best!

20. sweet-apple

sweet-apple Active Member

i prefer the casts of hyd than meteor garden. so i will go with hyd!!