If Jesus really died for our sins...

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by drsnoopy, May 21, 2007.

1. i seriously doubt thats the case.... it just sounds so damned stupid.... why did God create us non-believers in the first place then?

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

What do you think we are doing? We are offering you answers :p

3. fair enough guys, i was trying to say that I must use the word alone to put the word across, if YOU want to study and learn more in your own time weather it be to prove or disprove the scripture then its down to you. but I can only use the word when preaching to others and not text books and my worldly wisdom etc. if you still dont understand then just leave that bit, i prolly never explain it correctly.

dann i couldn't comprehend such a thing, i believe the word of God so much. if it could have been disproved im sure it would have been officially done by now.

well ive held back from replying so you can all post your questions in regards to my post and ive given what ive given above. this is my last post on this matter cus i have no intention in sitting here all night going back and forth, maybe another Christian can help you with your questions, and i hope you all have a plesent evening/night on PA, bye :)

"Study to show yourself approved unto God ..." (2 Timothy 2:15)

4. BabyRain

I know.. I was wondering why too.. If God is ever loving and kind to us, why didn't He just set us up with a pre-program Christianity belief so that there won't be any non-believers on this Earth? -unsure

So like I said, being the ever thoughful God, He probably wants company for ol' Satan.

5. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Is he too lazy or just not powerful enough to create another place for the non-believers? Thought there are enough rotten apples in the form of murderers and other thugs to accompany Satan in Hell.

6. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

God promised Satan (when Satan was still an angel) that He will never destroy him. For all sins, there's always a price to pay.

7. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

What do you mean by that? God let him kick the bucket by leaving Satan in Hell for all his sins?

8. BabyRain

? You just lost me there Wind...
    God promised that He would never destroy Satan?

What about the Judgment Day theory then?

He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:20)

"No living person nor any dead prophet, has ever known the date of Jesus' return. Jesus himself teaches that believers are to live in active anticipation of his coming. They are to be ready, alert, prepared and deeply desiring the coming of that great day. They are to hope for that day because at that time the righteous of the earth will be honored and vindicated. Yes, it will be the beginning of sorrow, separation from God, judgement and condemnation for all who have lived sinful lives, but the start of victory for the faithful. For those who love God, this is the culmination of all their dreams and hopes. This is fulfillment. This is the purpose of history."

And of course, when that happens, good ol' Satan would be extinguished eternally, no?

And all humans would be reunited with God (Believers of course).

9. well, im sure theres many more people like you in the world.. all going toward denial if the Bible was indeed fake..

i must disagree. a lot of studies have been discovered in the present, even tho it date far longer than the Bible. its wrong to say that every has to be disproved by now. perhaps there are too few clues at the moment to disprove it. in the future, perhaps new clues will arise.

its true for anything. so you cant say anything has to be disproved as of this moment..

10. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

@ Tax: didnt quite understand that, can you rephrase it? :)

@ BR: Dont have a Bible with me, but i will get you the quote from the Bible about the not destroying part.

Regards to your quote, where did you see about God saying that He would extinguish anyone?

11. BabyRain

Well, from what the information I have gathered so far from some Christians, that's what they told me.

That Satan would be destroyed once and for all, and there would be judgment for all those non-believers in Hell (suffer the same fate as Satan probably) and the rest of the believers would reunite with God. Thus, neither Hell nor Earth would be in existent any longer.

12. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

Actually, I've heard that when the end is here all those that believe in god will be taken to heaven or some nice place to live in eternal happiness and everyone else will be left on earth to face the apocalypse.

13. BabyRain

^Yeah something like that... :p

14. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Nop, Satan will not be destroyed, locked up for good after the 1000 yrs. Judgment occurs when God comes back, sentence is served in Hell (equivalent of jail in ancient times). Just to clarify something, judgement day will be served to believers as well, but eventually dont go to hell, because by accepting Christ's sacrifice, our sins are paid for.

Im going OT, but God NEVER wished anyone to go to Hell.

15. p3ps1c0la

Don't worry babe, I'll protect you from that evil mr. apocalypse. =D You just sit tight and look purdy.

16. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

p3ps1 is hitting on BR :D You one popular babe my twin ;)

17. BabyRain

Well, I don't know Wind.. That's what I have been told by Christians... I am not just making it up, you know... :p

IMO, Satan is already in 'locked up for good' in Hell now, no? Hell is kind of like a jail for Satan now anyway...

There are many different interpretations Christians have came up with, I don't know who to believe as the rightful one :D

lol, thanks for your valiant offer

i know!!! Isn't that cool? An alien species for us to dissect -devil

18. p3ps1c0la

2's fun, 3's a party. ;D

19. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I thought he's local residence? He's from Earth, at least he CLAIMS that he's from Earth...

Wait til you are sitting on an operation table, about to be ripped limb from limb... -devil

20. good. pepsi's on the list... im off. -evil