If there is a God is he evil or just an *ss?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by aznxmichael, Dec 26, 2010.

1. aznxmichael

aznxmichael Member

I'm gonna first define

God: an omnipotent being that created all of existence and is said to be the most loving and compassionate being in existence.

1st Is the Bible an accurate representation of his character and moral belief?

Yes? Then that would mean God promotes genocides, rape, slavery, and blood sacrifice.

In the exodus and leviticus God promoted genocide. In the exodus chapter 34, verses 11-14 it clearly proves my point. God ordered to have the women's stomach to be cut open to make sure that the unborn children would be killed as well. He ordered the genocide of every person, animal, and the poor trees. So after having the women and children kill God told the soldiers," to Kill the cows despite even though it would be in the soldier's best interest to just eat then, but God was like hey guys i know your hungry and stuff but just kill those cow and not eat them and I'm not gonna send you anything to eat..-shrug

He also endorse rape.

Genesis 19:4-8

8"Now behold, (C)I have two daughters who have not had relations with man; please let me bring them out to you, and do to them whatever you like; only do nothing to these men, inasmuch as they have come under the shelter of my roof."

Basically what happen was The men of Sodom were surrounding the house because they wanted to f*ck the two angels. But Lot, being a good host, intervened in an effort to forestall such an unpleasant experience. His suggestion to the libidinous troop was to rape his two virgin daughters instead, whom he offered to bring out for them. This was the suggestion of Lot, the most righteous man in the entire city. He not only offered up the two virgin daughters ,but other young women as well.

He also endorsed slavery.

Titus 2:9-10
    Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again; Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

1 Peter 2:18
    Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

The Israelites "again did what was evil in the eyes of God...they abandoned God and did not worship him. So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he sold them into the hand of the Philistines and into the hand of the Ammonites ..." (Judges 10:6-7).

Dude for not worshipping god, god enslaved sold the Israelites into slavery to Philistines.

He loves blood sacrafices.

Many are familiar with the story of how God told Abraham to take his son up to the mountain so Abraham(the father) would kill Isac( the son), but instead decided to have Abraham gut a sheep instead.

Then Jesus his own son was crucified to "save us from our sins". Some would say this act was to save us and show that God is willing to sacrifice his own son (God is also Jesus, God is the father, the son, and the holy spirit).

Then there is the story of Jephthah who ask god to let him win a battle and in return Jephthah would have to sacrifice the the first thing that came out of his house. In other words his daughter.

Dude what is up with God's blood fetish. I know Abraham's task was to prove his fate and ect, but really to show his love God wanted him to gut another one of God's creations? It is sort of like your parent's telling you hey to prove your love to me go gut something i gave birth to (brother/sister). Then to save us(sinner) God had to spill the blood of Jesus/Himself to save us because we broke rules that he created? Which is kind of retarded. Because if God was all powerful then he would have the power to change the rules. Then Jephthah asked God for a favor and God wants Jephthah to gut his daughter. WOW God has a blood fetish.

2. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Your argument hangs on your definition being correct, that's a big hint and that's all she wrote

Great website: http://carm.org/

Send all questions/Assumption/Misunderstandings to carmstuff@yahoo.com

-out2

3. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

If God was real then what is God? If God is reason, then why is reason, God? So if God was real, then what is reason? But if reason is real.. then what is God? What is life? :trollface: FAILSOPHY FUCKED :facepalm:.

4. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Learn from the masters :trollface:

[video=youtube;_fyAtDIk1uQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyAtDIk1uQ"[/video]

5. fleur2jasmin

fleur2jasmin New Member

Interesting... i guess that if you really want to believe in god, just closed your eyes on his wishes... faith is blind... There are only a few people who can see really what is what 'cuz most of the people on this earth just want to see or believe that there is someone who got the whole power and can make our life like his wishes...

I guess that if god exist really, then war and others things shouldn't exist on this world..

6. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Why? If God exists he would destroy all bad people on the spot? if that was the case you and I would not be alive today.

7. aznxmichael

aznxmichael Member

God doen't need to destroy all the bad people, but just turn them good because that is in his power and in everyone's self interest. If God was all loving and ect them why would he let bad things happen to us? There are stories in the bible about the devil and God betting on whether or not the devil can make an individual not believe in God and the devil puts real effort to try to sway the individual while God just watches and does nothing. God is like hey Satan go ahead kick him ruin his life as much as you want he, but will still love me because i am his master. God doesn't care about what happens to you all he ares about is that you believes and loves for him nothing else matters.

8. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Freewill I tell ya...

9. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

God sent Jesus to save us all.
    John 3:16 "For God so loved the world so much that whoever believes in him shall not be perished but have everlasting life"

10. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Why turn people good? that may be against their will, everyone has the capability of being a better person but even that is besides the point, following God is what matters, everything else will follow. God is loving i agree but this all loving malarkey is a bit odd though, it tends to be another way of saying God is only love, sounds like typical second hand information that comes with the usual "i didnt read it but someone told me and i couldn't be bothered to confirm it".

God is loving, he is also Judging, he is also has a temper though he is long suffering and puts up with a lot, he has many attributes yet people tend to only mention one..... love..... One of the big mistakes i think we make is we cling to his love but we dont want to know about his 'Justness'. The bible says "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

As for letting bad things happen to us... that’s life. In life bad things happen and good things may happen. Did you know that Jesus said if you follow him the World will hate you as it hated Jesus, did you know that Jesus said you may end up going through trial and tribulation because you follow him? Jesus does not promise a happy life if you follow him, so yes, if bad things can happen to even Gods people at the hands of those who wish to do them harm.. then sure bad things may happen to you too.

But after this life... that’s when you’ll see why everything happened.

On the Day of Judgment I could imagine this kind of dialogue.

Man on his way to hell: “ITS NOT FAIR, I rejected you because bad things happened to me, how could there be a God if bad things happen to me!!”

God: well look at my disciples here, “they were tormented for my sake, they lost loves ones, they were mocked and reviled , yet they still followed me, your without excuse”

There is a saying you should remember, Earth is the closest Gods people will get to tasting Hell. And Earth is the closest the rest will get to tasting Heaven.

This event had noting to do with Job believing in God or not, seriously have you read it yourself or do you get this info from anti-bible websites? usually when people do, the stuff they say is just wrong, its best you read it at the source then at least what you say is what the bible says.

I like this story, Satan came before God when he was still able to, and God used Job as a shining example of one of his true disciples. Then Satan said “the ONLY reason Job follows God is because God has blessed him and protected him” (otherwise Satan would have attacked him).

Then Satan said, “if he loses what you have blessed him with, he will curse you to your face”

At that God took that protection away but said Satan is not allowed to take Job’ life.

At this point Satan went and took his servants and camels, sheep, and caused a house to collapse on his sons and daughters.

At his point Satan expected Job to curse God but instead he said “Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”

Then the bible says “In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.”, what’s interesting is the part where it says “nor charged God foolishly”. Bad things happen to many people, and what do many do?... they blame God and say he did it when in reality they don’t know who was behind it, such people charge God foolishly.

When Satan went before God again he was told that his plan failed and Job kept his integrity, then Satan said if he gets an illness THEN he will curse you to your face.

And Satan went and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown, this was really bad for Job but he didn’t sin against God, nor did he accuse God of doing it. the Story is quite lengthy, going by your synopsis i would recommend you read it again because what you said is very lacking.

A part you did not mention is that after that event God blessed Job with more than he had before all of that happened.

So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. He had also seven sons and three daughters. And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch. And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren. After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations. So Job died, being old and full of days.

And to top it off, the book of Job has saved many Christians and Jews from charging God foolishly and teaches what may be happening behind the scenes.

Says who? the bible does not teach freewill, rather we have our sovereign will (we choose what we will do) and we have Free reign (we can do what we want, but we will bear the consequences, i.e heaven or hell).

11. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

A troll thread that turn into a serious thread :ohnoes:

...:trollface:

12. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

First i was like

[​IMG]

I read it and was like

[​IMG]

I saw an image in my head that was like

[​IMG]

Then i was like, "no no no"

[​IMG]

:trollface:

13. fleur2jasmin

fleur2jasmin New Member

Why do you want god destroy all that people?!! As far i can remember, i use to heard in my childhood that god "made the man like him", .. so for me, it mean, that all the bad side we can see in each people , it's like seeing god himself...."like a mirror"...

I guess that the question that all the people on this earth should ask himself is " why do you believe so much in God?!!"

Everyone have his own beliefs and we can do nothing against that.

14. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

ROFL BULLA, +1000 :trollface:.

15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

this thread needs to be locked

16. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

where's master g in all this?

17. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

is that a mod?

18. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Nope.

19. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

hmm well it seems like his reputation proceeds him, seems all 'hush hush' so i shan't ask about him. :ohnoes: