Ignorant Atheists?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by khaotic, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pOtentiaLeaver

pOtentiaLeaver Well-Known Member

Religious people calling atheists ignorant?!?!? what has the world came to

2. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

To easy.

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

jesus christ

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

5. [​IMG]

6. ZeSanchezLy

ZeSanchezLy Member

One cannot tell someone what to believe in, no one should persuade another person to believe or not to believe in something.

7. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

What if a person believes in persuading others? :trollface:

8. ZeSanchezLy

ZeSanchezLy Member

9. d15z1sux

d15z1sux Well-Known Member

i get the asian christians knocking on my door inviting me to their events and trying to get me to do surveys etc... i tell them i'm not interested and im not christian, which at that point they gasped. but they keep trying to push me to go to their church or tell me that the bible was written for all people on this planet, then i have to shut the door on them. didn't want to do it but they were acting like salesmen.

i'll never tell someone that i think their religion is phoney or how i disagree with the values their religion believes in, not even if they try to knock my beliefs and values. i will just nod and smile :) then try to change the subject, really hate arguing about religion. i could really go on and on if i wished but i believe everyone has the right to believe in what they want to... including myself.

10. That goes the same for me, but I find it pretty a fun topic to talk about because the speakers can educate each other.

11. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

Hi all, this is a very interesting topic. The original post in this thread has a point about atheist being ignorant. But I bet most people who think this way is because they are religious. Because in back of their minds they have already condemned atheists to hell. It is their reaction and thinking that causes them to be hostile to the atheist in return they get the same attitude back. I find it funny when a debate between religious people and Atheists, the Atheist always knows more about their religion then they do. I've see time and time again, xtians being stumped by atheist with simple questions and their only answer is god creates all or god works in mysterious ways. Never a response with facts or logic.