“I’ll do my best as a representative of Korea”

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

[​IMG]

“I’ll do my best as a representative of Korea. Not only Korean fans but also Asian fans are rooting for our (Se7en and BoA) success. In order to repay their support, I’ll do my best to become a great singer,” Se7en said.

To commemorate its first anniversary, Sports Donga held an email and phone interview with Se7en. The following is what transpired during the interview.

- After three years, your debut song was finally released. How have the reactions been?
    I owe a lot to those people who waited for the single’s release. It was a surreal moment when I heard for the first time the song playing in the radio today. I felt, “Ah! I’ve finally debuted!”

- Why was your debut delayed?
    It was initially planned that 2 singles be released. But it was decided that I come out with a full album. It was not easy to work on the 12 tracks. After recording, it took a long time to finish everything. Everything in the US is quite slow. That’s not the case in Korea. (laughs)

- Didn’t it cross your mind to return to Korea?
    It did. I was constantly craving to return to the stage as I saw my colleague singers performing in music programs. However, I thought that it was most important that I learn English and the local culture. I’ve survived and learned a lot.

- Do you think a Korean singer can succeed in the US?
    A Korean singer will be able to succeed in the US if he/she is equipped with great music, talent and good promotions. If a singer is well-prepared, skin color is not an issue.

- During production, were there compliments that you received from the staff?
    There’s this one thing that I will never forget although I’m not sure if it was a formal compliment or just a comment (laughs). When producer Darkchild saw me, he said, “Asian invasion!!!” For me, it was the best compliment.

- What do you think is the difference between the US, Korea and Japan with regard to the music industry?”

There are no music programs here as opposed to Asia. Promotions are accomplished through radios and clubs. The US is big so you must jump from one place to another. Starting this week, I’ll start promotions in the East Coast.

- What are your future plans in the US?
    Like always, I want to always enjoy work. Whether I succeed or fail, I want to show that I worked hard. Please show your support.

Credits: sports donga + http://z12.invisionfree.com/Se7enth_Heaven/