Ip Man 2 - 葉問2:宗師傳奇 [2010]

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by mr_evolution, Apr 19, 2010.

1. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Ip Man 2 - 葉問2:宗師傳奇 [2010]

[​IMG]

Film Company : Mandarin Films (HK)
    Genre : Action
    Director: Wilson Yip
    Release Date: April 29th 2010

Cast:
    Donnie Yen
    Sammo Hung
    Huan Xiao Ming
    Xiong Dai-Lin
    Simon Yam
    Fan Sui Wong
    Calvin Cheng
    To Yue Hong
    Li Chak
    Kent Cheng
    Pierre Ngo

Synopsis:
    The sequel puts Yen back into the role of Ip Man, this time as he settles in Hong Kong where he opens a Wing Chun school and comes into conflict with a local Hung Fist master named Hung Jan-nam, who is played by Sammo Hung. Although Ip Man is ultimately challenged by the British who rule the territory and their hired fighters, tensions between the two kung fu masters mount to where they are forced to duel.

Trailer:
    [youtube]QXDBTuA9sP8[/youtube]​

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Official Website:
    http://www.ipman2-movie.com/en_main.html

2. Alco

Alco Member

wow, cannot wait to watch this movie. Know I understand why the ending in IP man 1 was so unclear. because there is a IP MAn 2...

3. logic123

logic123 Active Member

Wow, I can't wait to watch this movie. Loved the first movie!

4. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

definitely nice to know that north america is going to have ip man 2 in theaters. i hope this holds up!

5. bbjustin

bbjustin Member

any chance for Ip Man 3? Donnie said its his last?

6. anh86

anh86 Member

I love this movie, great movie

7. niceguy

niceguy Member

does anyone know how long till this avaialble for download?

8. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

:facepalm:

3months maybe?

9. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

cnt w8 da 1st movie was gud!!!!
    donnie yen is 1 of da best martial artist out there now

10. Sponge_bob

Sponge_bob Well-Known Member

Just watch it in the cinema 2 hours ago.

The movie is just fabulous. All the fighting scene, all the moral lesson that the movie trying to tell us, its just WOW.

Got those comedic scene and I just loved it !

11. hellot90

hellot90 New Member

good movie. I like it.

12. rotizai84

rotizai84 Active Member

Nice movie... love the fighting stance..

13. nimik221

nimik221 Member

Can't wait to see this!!!! Hope this comes out for DDL soon!

14. candeee

candeee Well-Known Member

Great movie! Enjoyed both Ip Man 1 and 2. Would love to watch Ip Man 3 if they are making it!!!

15. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the movie, but felt that it was more or less the same as Ip Man part 1, but with the British taking the role of the Japanese.

My criticisms below:
    - The Movie should have been left to just about Ip Man's struggles with trying to run a school in Hong Kong and make Sammo the only rival in there, thus setting up their SPL rematch at the end.

- The moral teaching part is nice, but we've heard it all before, we're all the same in terms of integrity despite our social status variance. The whole spirit of China worked well in part 1, but I don't think we need anymore of that in Part 2.

- The boxing matches was so out of place, the one with Hung VS Twister was weird, I'll go on about Twister in the next few points. One thing that got to me since I watch a lot of boxing match was that, the ref considered Hung's throw as a knockdown and started counting for Twister. I am under the assumption that it was fought under conventional boxing rules.

- The boxing fight between Yip Man and Twister was a mess, I know it was supposed to portray the English as corrupt, but I wanted to yell out WTF!? When the ref told Yip Man that kicking is prohibited HALF way through the fight. Also, that sucker punch after the bell should have DQ'ed Twister or at least penalised him, well I guess again it shows how Corrupt the English was in the movie.

- Twister is really unbelievable as a villain. I loved the Japanese villain in part 1, because like the final competitor from Japan in Jet Li's fearless, he was respectful and felt Japanese. Sure he was cliched also, but at least he didn't felt like a comic character. Twister was too over the top, I was also like WTF? when during the press conference, they were talking about how it was a tragic accident in concern with Hung's in ring death. But then all of a sudden, Twister challenges all Chinese martial artists, and starts prediciting how he'd kill everyone of them. Yeah, the British is supposed to be bad guys, but come on. This is like a bit too much.

Say what you want and support the movie because it was Chinese, and I support the Chinese spirit, but it felt like even the Bruce Lee movies such as The Way of the Dragon (classic example of East VS West) was more believable. Like I said, they should have left the whole movie focusing on Sammo and Donnie, because it was going somewhere until they shift their entire focus on the British. You could still bring out good fights, in fact, the better fights were between the Chinese people.

But don't let my criticisms put you off, it was still an enjoyable movie. Just don't focus too much of logic.

16. lancerlee

lancerlee Member

I WANT to see this movie !!!! :biggthumpup:

17. frontierman

frontierman New Member

This is a movie that made all chinese asian feel proud.
    The most touching and emotional part is the scene which has short breathed Sammo hung getting punched.

18. peggy68

peggy68 Member

Didn't Sammo feel his performance wasn't good because of surgery?

19. Loved this movie, however i felt his students didn't get that good... like halfway through the movie his students just disappeared from the movie only to show up as his corner coaches/helpers

20. skywalka

skywalka Well-Known Member

do u guys know what ip man was talkign about when
    he came up with the strategy to hit sometihing or do something to win twister?