Is Capcom getting greedy now?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Bulla, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

DLC is a decent way to keep more development going.

The times are kinda different now.

Piracy is pretty prevalent and it's hard to completely stop it all. Even DLC gets pirated but then you have online services that weed out a majority of it. There's plenty of paying customers to keep these things going but it's just the way it is at the moment. I just personally wished games were back in the $40 to $50 range for console games, not $60.

MW2 and BFBC2 single player campaigns were kinda short, but the bulk of the game's longevity is in the multiplayer aspect anyhow. Whatever keeps the multiplayer aspects of those games, Street Fighter, whatever the hell refreshing, I'm okay with paying a little more. Nobody really makes anything free anymore on a large grand scale.

Even "free" games have microtransaction to keep some income flowing in. Unless you're super balling like Blizzard, who still has Diablo 1 servers rolling online for the 10 people who are playing on Pentium 1's.

2. if dlcs aren't done in a meaningful then you know they're just milking money.. They even came out with dlc for third strike online.. and that's for alternate color costumes isn't it?

well I hope they're taking all that dlc money to fund development for other games.

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

lol 3rd strike costume DLC, i admit for SF i have a few costume packs, the ones for akuma and crew, balrog and crew and the chicks pack.

4. they're just going to strip more and more out of the first release game from here on out..

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lmaooo whoever buy dlc costumes :facepalm: they add nothing to the character not even bragging rights as you buy and not earn them!

6. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

I know, but it looks good though and it means you ballin -bigsmiles

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lulz:facepalm: soo material u!

8. it means they just pimped your ass out of money for stupid costumes..

9. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

i agree, its a rip-off but i liked them, roses goth dress is my fav (on her, not me).

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^someone likes to play dress up :facepalm: lol

11. alll about that goth dress