Is Dramasian dead?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ralphrepo, May 31, 2023.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem to be too much activity here at all. I haven't visited for a while myself...

2. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

Yes, it's dead. The admins don't update as much as it used to be. Occasionally, the site is down for couple of hours to days. It's just not as used to be anymore.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. hkop

hkop Well-Known Member

least we stillgettinglatest movies posted

• Like Like x 1
  4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Not totally dead; not as vibrant as it used to be. I think at one time, they were organizing DA meetups, etc. shinobi, KilaKilaGirl, ec2go covers a lot of the main interest. It seems like think "maintenance window" / downtime every Friday evening now.
    There are interesting discussions from time to time, where have you been, ralphrepo ?? LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The forum discussion is pretty quiet, but the download section is still getting updated which is still a good sign.

For me a huge part of DA was the chatbox! Ever since that feature was not supported from the server/forum migrate, we have moved to Discord. You'll definitely recognize some names from here that is in the server. Just drop by to say hi!

I think you dropped by at some point didn't you? haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. ralphrepo

Hi everyone! Glad to see that there are signs of life here. Finally retired and found nyself with a lot of time on my hands so I decided to check in here to see how the people were doing. I must admit, I haven't watched Asian centric media for a while so I didn't need to DL anything for quite some time. Still, I'm glad to see that the series DL pages are kept up as it remains a huge Asian community resource.

At any rate, I will pop in from time to time. But for now, Hi to all, Cheers!

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea I myself stopped watching TVB as well. More cause there are other more interesting stuff to watch lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

We need the chatbox back. Free Remywalker and shinobi 's gf Espresso from chatbox jail and they will entertain this site.

9. lol the chatbox of old was definitely the best feature, but now there is a discord server. Should definitely stop by there, I've personally been to busy to sit at my computer much these days

10. ralphrepo

Yeah, over the years I've found myself gravitating towards other things and it wasn't that I didn't enjoy Asian media, but simply didn't have much time. Hopefully, now that I've retired I will have more opportunity to revisit some of the things that I'd liked to do before. Like Chinese history, photography and travel. One thing I won't worry much about anymore is politics (both American and Chinese); too many people treat it like a religion and it's not worth the bad feelings. I did look into Discord once but it never really struck me as a compelling forum alternative so I soon lost interest. Maybe I will take another look when I get a few moments to...

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Rather than treating Discord as a forum alternative, it's more like a chatbox alternative. Sure there are different "channels" that can be had within a server (sports channel, food channel, anything really).. its more so where you can stay "anonymous" while chatting with people with similar interest. Kinda like a whatsapp group chat or community group, without giving out your number. In other words it's just like the old chatbox we had.

12. ralphrepo

What's interesting about your statement is an article I just read about how Discord has become one of the de facto chat apps for right wing and Russian spy groups to infiltrate the US, LOL... I'm sure the Chinese are in on it too. :cop:

https://www.wired.com/story/far-right-took-over-steam-discord/

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea I think any public chats and servers definitely has the possibility of spies. But who's really targeting us? :boblaff:

I mean you even have like Chinese "police stations" in USA and Canada too. And how they influence political decision.

14. ralphrepo

I think the US intel community has been behind the curve now for at least the last 20 years. Chinese "Police Stations" is nothing new. In fact, years ago when the Nationalist KMT government in Taiwan didn't like something that some political enemy did in the US? They used to send hit squads to eliminate them. In most cases the death of a 'chink' in a dark alley didn't really raise any concerns or suspicions until it was finally revealed to be an on going thing. The US government, friendly with Taiwan, quietly told the Chang Kai Shek government to cool it. And China is not the only foreign power to infiltrate US society. The Russians more so, and of course the Italians through the mob has always been here.

#14 ralphrepo, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2023