Is Drive of Life better or this?

Discussion in 'Fathers and Sons - 爸爸閉翳' started by aniking_7, Aug 8, 2007.

1. marlie

marlie Member

Drive took longer to get into, fathers and sons is funny.

2. nateee.lee

nateee.lee Well-Known Member

yehhh..drive of life does have a lot of eps x(..but it's not that bad;P

3. Akay47

Akay47 Member

Drive of Life is slow and it doesn't really make me crave for it. HOwever, it is okay to watch. I personally like fathers and sons. The movie is predictable but it makes you laugh. A good laugh per day makes me very happy, especically before i head to work the night shift, which can be pretty groomy. lol

4. sillierabbit

sillierabbit Well-Known Member

I think I prefer Father and Sons more now, cause all the series I have been watching this year are super intense and serious lols like Heart of Greed and I rewatched Detective Investigation Files 4 lols. and even On The First Beat was kind of serious. I like Father and Sons now cause it is a change of pace and more light hearted =) I think Drive of Life is pretty good but 60 episodes is long so I kind of understand the slow start.

5. pto88

pto88 Well-Known Member

hands down, fathers and sons. extremely funny series. good storyline. good actors. what else can you ask for?

6. nateee.lee

nateee.lee Well-Known Member

yeh..it's a more funny series:D

7. jaychouurmom

jaychouurmom Well-Known Member

the drive of life and fathers and sons is different. fathers and sons is more towards comedy and DOL is more dramatic. i guess it depends on your mood. but i think both are good to enjoy. both started out interesting.

8. xwinwinx

xwinwinx Member

drive of life is awesome becaues it's heavily based on the actor's acting and the storyline. father's and son is good because it's a comedy but i keep getting the feeling like it's just going to be funny since i don't see tvb comedies getting any different.

9. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

I like father's and sons better ^^ I prefer comedy than serious drama

10. raintje

raintje New Member

I like this serie more than drive of life. It's funny and more light hearted. The story is really funny and Bobby and wong hei are both good actors. Drive of life is more serious and I don't like that unless the story is really exciting life "Phoenix Rising"

11. Elaine520

Elaine520 New Member

cute.....cute

-flowi like this drama because the two child very cute!!!!!

12. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Just cant judge which is better since both dramas are carrying their different theme.

13. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

this definitely. like so many other people, i prefer the laughs and actually want to know what happens to the characters vs. drive of life where i just don't care where the storyline goes because it's printed in the magazine(s) anyway. plus, bobby's kid is always cute in all his roles. heh.

14. mwai007

mwai007 Well-Known Member

cant really compare drive of life with fathers and sons.. the topics they touch on is completely different and on completely different levels.

this drama is nice.. a little lightheartedness is always welcomed!

15. chinesedude421

chinesedude421 Well-Known Member

different plots have its own attractive points. drive of life is more of a buildup to a climax kinda thing, baba bai ngai is more of a cute drama with its different conflicts which are easily resolved. drive of life seems to hit me me deeper.

16. ambrosia

ambrosia Active Member

So far, i think Fathers and Sons is much more interesting than Drive of Life. Drive of LIfe's storyline is kinda slow and boring. At least in father and sons, bobby and his son can give u a feel laughs.

17. freeminded

freeminded Well-Known Member

I dont think you can compare a comedy to a serious drama. The Drive of life does start out kind of boring but I heard it will pick up later on. The reason it is slow according to michael miu says, is because for the china market. I guess china people are used to the slow storyline so they are doing it for them. If it is only for HK people I think the storyline will move a lot faster, just like any other tvb series we see. This is why I dont like watching china series unless there are HK stars in it

18. camospartan

camospartan Well-Known Member

DOL is pretty good but I haven't watched fathers and sons yet

19. rainbowstars28

rainbowstars28 Well-Known Member

way better!

20. steelieman

steelieman Member

DOL is more about the business world and the intricacies of relationships. Father and Son is much more mellow. I like both type of shows....