Is here still Bombs in vietnam?

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by dlshoong, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dlshoong

dlshoong Member

If there is...i dont think Vietnam isnt the rite place for us to take a visit ..so sad

2. a_gill

a_gill Active Member

hahha , i don't think that there is bombs

3. shev

shev Member

There are sitll mines and even bombs in Vietnam. It has been in Vietnam since the Vietnam war, the shadow from bloody past. These mines and bombs belong both sides, the NVA and the US Army.

But don't worry, there ara no bombs in big city where you may have a good tour, it's just in some countrysides near juggle. Nowaday,the Vietnamese People Army cooperates with the US Army to uninstall (do I use the right word? ^^) these mines.

So, no need to fear about bombs in Vietnam anymore. Vietnam is no longer to be the country with bombs and wars.

4. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

there are still bombs

5. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

i read a newspaper. some guys found a bomb in his backyard

6. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

i think the guy who found it lived in the countryside though

7. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

it's kinda funny. imagine you are gardening and suddenly you find a huge bomb

8. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

you don't have to worry about them much. i haven't heard about any explosion yet

9. a&d

a&d Active Member

yeah, i didn't hear about any thing about explosion either.

10. notnice2know

notnice2know Well-Known Member

Oh are you talking about the bombs during world wars ? I think they havent exactly removed every single bomb yet so the chance is slightly . But meh you should be fine depend on where you go .

11. mrsRAYMONDLAM

mrsRAYMONDLAM Member

wdf BOMBS?! oO

12. mrsRAYMONDLAM

mrsRAYMONDLAM Member

i been VN for long time dnt see ne bombs. lols

13. longtran

longtran New Member

it's normal, if u got involved through 2 big war like us, u will understand :D

14. caonuts

caonuts Member

they probably are rusted up and dont work.. its been 25+?

15. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

I think they got rid of all the bombs already. So have no fear.

16. psych0gambit

psych0gambit Active Member

I highly doubt there are bombs randomly laying around anymore, not unless they're duds.
    But yes, there are still active mines in the rural areas such as the jungles/countryside.
    If you're visiting a big city in Vietnam, the only danger you'll be in is getting ran over by a bike.

17. pirvee

pirvee Well-Known Member

i think u can safely visit Vietnam...there is no direct danger because of bombs...
    but because of the vietnam war...there should be still undetonated bombs .... no way they could have cleard the country now already...

Even here in the Netherlands....(no war since 1945) we still now and then find undetonated bombs from the Second World War.
    So i don't believe Vietnam is already 'clean' of bombs....

18. sm2891

sm2891 Member

Are you retarded dlshoong? If there are still bombs on the streets in vietnam, who would live in such place?

19. BBon

BBon New Member

I have live in Vietnam for all of my 20 years but have never seen a boom yet ^^ there is still boom in Vietnam from Vietnam war but I'm sure that they are only in countryside not the big city or interesting place. Vietnam is quite safe to travel around :p