Is the gem of life tooo long

Discussion in 'The Gem of Life - 珠光寶氣' started by YSL, Jan 31, 2009.

1. mskafie

mskafie Member

i agree, the shows to long and is just dragging along.

2. kokojunior

kokojunior Member

The show is toooo long and is getting real bored towards the end! I'd say it should be 50 eps max!

3. AWhite

AWhite Active Member

yes, it's too long. i could still accept it at the beginning to mid episodes, but now im just waiting for it to end.

4. tvbseries81

tvbseries81 Member

Yes this series is long and it was boring at first. But I only saw the first twenty chapters so I don't know what happens after that.

5. dmalyco

dmalyco Member

I've seen worse, much worse... like War of the Genders, Virtues of Harmony I, II. Those are long garbage series and yet they got high ratings. Somehow I do question HK people's taste. The Gem of Life is rather good if you have the patience to watch the whole series and see how people's ambition would lead them to do.

6. ghostsxy

ghostsxy Well-Known Member

I thought war of the genders was better then this series

7. myway

myway Active Member

yeah , It's way to long. they should have cut in half (40eps).

8. jingy

jingy Member

Hmm, well Virtues of Harmony was just a show that didn't require people to think. It's kinda laid back. Like Friends..That 70's Show..those kinda stuff.

But I liked the Gem of Life >.> I was ok with it being 82 episodes long. Usually HK dramas have great plots and bad ending, but I was actually pretty satisfied with the ending. Maybe I'm just crazy -rolleyes

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

With all the events, 30-40 eps will not cover it, I think they have planned it a very long time for this to be a long series

10. shinybow

shinybow Well-Known Member

YOu must be kidding, right?? War of the Genders was one of the best long serie from TVB.

11. ahlinggg

ahlinggg Member

it is pretty long, but i enjoy it though.

12. joeyfan

joeyfan Well-Known Member

lol.. then maybe they should have planned a shorter series.. not make up stuff jsut to stretch it to 80 when all they had was for perhaps 50 or 60 eps..

13. hk369

hk369 Member

I just saw the ending finally, the series is too long

14. FINALLY this series has finished...and what was with the ending, it sort of went nowhere and was really cryptic. A very disappointing series by TVB

15. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

It is way too long. This series was like DOL another way too long series. I think 40 episodes should be the absolute max number of episodes. For this series, the story wasn't good enough and I think if the number of episodes was cut down, it would have been better.

16. szemunn

szemunn Well-Known Member

i watch till the end for the sake of knowing what happened till the end and not because the series was good. what a waste!! the show had so many star-studded cast. *sigh*

17. littl3_d

littl3_d New Member

i feel that it is really too long....and it is so boringg

18. tung

tung Active Member

i agree with every that the damn series is way too long. and not only that.. the damn story just play suck. and they just try to wrap the ending in the last 1 and 2 episode. the person that wrote the scripts for this series deserve to get shot or something like that.

19. mobidoo

mobidoo Well-Known Member

Yeah a tad bit long.

Thank gawd the plot is still interesting enuff to hang on to it.
    :D

20. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Yep, agree with all of you who say it's too long. Definitely too long and draggy. They should have just done it in 30 episodes or maximum 40.