Is the PS3 a total rip off?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by kfong1, May 29, 2007.

1. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

haha yea. -dead

the PS3 functions own all the others, graphic wise etc.
    It also depends where you buy it aswell. Australia there selling it for $1000. With just the console but deals are coming out. I bought mine in hk which was just 5600! you can sell it somewhere and gain a profit. So not really a rip off. The graphics are amazing.. -dead

2. daveduno

daveduno Member

its not so bad, good graphics cost more

3. Hubjub

Hubjub Well-Known Member

i bought mine in hk... brand new from Fortress, $540 cdn no tax for 60gb version. The HK version is the best i think, plays all the necessary regional movies and games. NTSC-J

4. erichau

erichau Active Member

personally who cares about good graphics, as long as its fun, like da wii, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE xD

5. bkmikeyxd

bkmikeyxd Member

from what I've been hearing, it's a rip off. some people say that it's a beta or whatever and that there are a few glitches here and there. i don't see much games coming out for ps3 anyway.

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

no its not a rip off because i heard they are not making enough profits from it cause of the cost to make it and also it has the latest and newest graphics and processor, therefore it is kind of the obsolete gaming console now, just that it's controller is not so innovative

7. Gadwin2k

Gadwin2k New Member

it is a bit pricey for a videogame system. hopefully, alot of good games will come out for it.

8. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

No! I think you mean EX-creator of Final Fantasy, Hironobu Sakaguchi... he left Square after The Spirits Within flopped, started his own company Mistwalker, and yeah, they are making X-box exclusive games. Two of them actually.

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

dunno if final fantasy on xbox 360 gonna good, usually only the multi-path/ good-evil stories rpg on the xbox are the good ones

10. don

don ello

i don't think it's a rip off but i'll just have to think over many times be4 buying one

11. bambambob2

bambambob2 Active Member

the price is rip off but it plays blue ray disc and has good graphics

12. superdash

superdash Well-Known Member

i heard it's not a rip off because every console they sell they are losing money

13. Sony has to rely on the sale of games to make money but imo the PS3 is rubbish at the mo and thats coming from someone who prefers playstations. the network feature is questionable too, i mean its free!!, everybody knows you get what you pay for. i reckon Sony will charge for the online service pretty soon. i got a xbox360, £40 a year for the service and im well pleased with that.

14. Whitebunny

Whitebunny Member

Not really.. it is expensive but it has a lot of things in it.... but right now its not stable so i would wait till they fix up

15. davu4eva

davu4eva Well-Known Member

Not really the case since sony is actually making a $300US loss with every ps3 console they sell. Cuase of tis Blueray reader, its actually worth it if u buy ps3 since Blueray costs as much as a ps3 console. Drawbacks of ps3 console is that it heats up way to quickly and makes lots of noise well compared to others. Well after my final high school exams im gonna get myself a ps3 and take it to china and play for 1 whole months and possibly get it chipped if I can.

16. k100

k100 Active Member

ah good thats a good idea davu4eva but only problem is in ireland its around 600 something for it 30 gb memory lol rip off thats why i wouldnt buy consoles in europe unless its cheap and guaranted :p

17. Kqc84

Kqc84 Well-Known Member

the ps3 isn't a ripoff. rather it just try to do everything, poorly. cell tech is good but that doesn't matter if the gpu isn't the best. motion sensor is poorly implemented with no rumble. the online is still not that good yet.

the thing is, it still have potential though. ff13 isn't coming out for xbox360 :-(. the graphics still look great and it can play bluray somewhat (v1.2?)

18. blueray movies is no use unless u got a cutting edge 1080+ tv, but ps3 is getting rumble pads soon.

19. asdf12

asdf12 New Member

i heard that the ps3 overheats mad quick, which my friend told me. so i dotn plan on getting it.

20. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

That maybe the case because its got so much wiring and stuff. think of it as a laptop computer. I think its better played under air-condition conditions