Jackie Chan Not A Fan of 'Rush Hour'

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. weezelskeezel

weezelskeezel Well-Known Member

i only really enjoyed the first rush hour, the other two were pretty disappointing, especially rh3... i have to agree that most of his other american movies were possibly some of the worst i have ever seen?!? (ie the tuxedo, the medallion... ugh) his chinese stuff is wayyyyy better

2. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

i agree....his Hk movie is much much better than those he made in hollywood...new police stroy ROX

3. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

Make some money to fund the "chinese projects he is interested in."

But seriously... if the Forbidden Kingdom is shit... then it'll be one of the biggest disappointments of all time! This is like an anticipated collaboration...

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Its hollywood's variation on the 'Journey to the West'. An old Chinese tale. I'm sure they'll find a way to butcher it.

5. mlb

mlb New Member

Well there no surprise there!
    Hollywood movies gears towards American humor. Just shows some humor just doesn't translate across cultures, especially one that makes fun of Chinese surnames wouldn't appeal to Chinese - surely we've pass those sort of gags in the 70s and 80s but obviously not in Hollywood land.

6. AuCoLah

AuCoLah Member

I kind of like this because it shows how humble he is. And it shows that he's not oen of those actors that is full himself and thinks everything he does is a masterpiece.

7. Spartan9926

Spartan9926 Member

i think mybe this is why he stop stnut movie,mybe he's old