Jackie Chan too old to make movies?

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by kfong1, May 29, 2007.

1. jukoh

jukoh Member

If Jean Claude Van Damme and Bruce Willis isn't too old to do those action packed movies, why should Jackie Chan be considered old? He can always refrain from doing his own stunts and get a stunt double - he's quite good at choreographing all those moves in a fight scene.

2. weedpeach

weedpeach Well-Known Member

WHAT??!! never!! i mean if jackie chan is still able to make films, then he should!!
    we fans will support him until the end. even if he was super super old and decides to star in a film, i'll still watch it!!
    i dont thnk he's too old to star in a film, just that if he has medical issues then he shouldnt and retire. but i will cherish all those jackie chan movies while they last!!!

3. themacro

themacro Active Member

i thought rush hour 3 was new movie?

4. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

His stunt is not as "dangerous" or "mega-blockbluster as before. It just feel safer and could be done by most people. I remember the stunt he do when he was younger involves lots of falling from 5th storey building..wtc...lots of banging, dropping and stuff which make u winch when u watch it happen as though u feel the pain urself.......I just don;t get it anymore from his recent movie. It is like he have decrease his workload to just choreographed fights and some jumps here and there.... No more thrills for me. Guess if he remain saleable...he should go back to his roots......But then again...maybe his body just cant take it anymore... ALL HAIL JACKIE CHAN...THE ETERNAL BIG BROTHER OF HK STUNT MOVIE INDUSTRY

5. Misa-chan™

Misa-chan™ Well-Known Member

I guess he is getting old but he still makes films to entertain us.

6. lilchan92

lilchan92 Well-Known Member

No way is jackie chan to old to make movies come on its JACKIE CHAN! i know hes like older now but hes still doing all those stunts i think maybe he should just take it easy

7. Vongy

Vongy Active Member

he still has a couple of years befor ritering

8. Cut3_g1rl

Cut3_g1rl Member

He's old, but as long as he has the talent for long time, he must do the best for his fan and for himself also... I love his movie in Rush Hours 1-3. He act so good in the movies... -cool

9. Protagonist12

Protagonist12 Member

Jackie Chan might be getting old, but his movies still owns

10. kevdragster

kevdragster Member

i love jackie chan movies, as long as his movies aren't boring i don't care what age he is

11. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

He could still make comedies. His action sequences aren't as spectacular as they used to be but his movies are still worth watching for a good laugh.

12. xena24good

xena24good Member

i support jackie whatever his age as long as he is stil has abilty to do action
    his fult was putting himselfe in one mode from his first career ,, comdy+action ,, no drama no storyline
    so as i read about him ,, he wanna now to change by doing some drama in his new movies beside action + fun
    like last police story+r b h ..
    he need more time to realize what he plans and need to get in amirca more and more to be international
    as rush hour 1 consider his 1point to forign cenima

#32 xena24good, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  13. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

This can't be! He must continue!

14. unclebuck888

unclebuck888 Member

all i know is
    if jackie makes a movie or star in it is a money maker cuz of all the support form the asians

15. beckham

beckham Well-Known Member

maybe he can become director or producer
    haha

16. Supertrio

Supertrio Well-Known Member

~~~Jackie Chan Forever~~~

He make a movie n we will watch.

17. he already is a directer i think...... and plus i think he still making some movies...

18. karateboi11

karateboi11 Member

His last movie was The Forbidden Kingdom. I want him and Jet Li to make a movie together again. :D

19. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

if he does retire then we will not have a proper actor that knows martial arts, all da new actors now dun knw it

20. tazzk

tazzk Member

yeah he's probably the only actor who can make kungfu farnie! =P