Jessica Hsuan Wishes to Collaborate with Louis Koo in a TVB Drama

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, May 24, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

jessica-hsuan-2017.jpg

A few days ago, Jessica Hsuan (宣萱) attended a sharing session of a new book released by William Shum (沈慧林), the founder of Memorigin. The actress, who is seeing a rise in popularity due to the broadcast of her TVB drama My Unfair Lady <不懂撒嬌的女人>, which will be airing its final episode this coming Sunday.

Reports have indicated that Jessica’s asking price tripled since the broadcast of My Unfair Lady, but the 46-year-old denied them. She said artists have seafood prices (fluctuating prices), and while more jobs have been coming her way since the success of My Unfair Lady, she hasn’t calculated on how much more she was getting paid for a job.

As for the talk that TVB has been inviting more and more former artists to return to the station, Jessica said it is a good thing. “The reason why I came back was because of the production team itself. The production value of My Unfair Lady is very different. Many people have asked me if I would film for TVB again, but I have to safeguard myself. I’ll look into the quality of the production, who I’m working with, the script, and the production team.”

Out of all of her former TVB colleagues, Jessica said she wishes to work with Louis Koo (古天樂) the most, her co-star in the 2001 TVB drama A Step into the Past <尋秦記>. However, she believes that the possibility of Louis returning in a TVB drama with her is slim.

Recently, there’s been a rumor circulating around that Louis is trying to pursue Natalie Tong (唐詩詠). Natalie played Louis’ fiancée in the 2013 film Out of Inferno <逃出生天>. In regards to this, Jessica slightly changed the topic and said, “I can see why Louis would want to have younger actresses in his film. If there is a suitable role for her, I’m sure Louis would reach outs.”

Creds: Ming Pao

2. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

Louis is over rated, but out of status and stature, I think it would be good if artists just came together for the sole purpose of collaborating together. But alas, the end product is just another movie on the wall.

3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Would be awesome to see Louis and Jessica together again, and Jessica has always been popular! Why must they say her rise in popularity...I mean I get it, it must be with the younger audiences if anything who've never seen her. She's an awesome veteran!

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I don't Jessica has aged well at all. She just doesn't have the same 'attractiveness' that she had when she worked with Koo in 2001. I mean, come on, that's 16 years ago already. Don't get me wrong, she a very skilled and crafted actress. But looks are important in this business and she's showing too much wear and tear to be considered a leading female attraction; that is, IMHO.