KOREAN FOOD

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by margaret, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Kira10

Kira10 Well-Known Member

I have only been to one Korean restaurant but I liked the grill beef and kimchee when I was there.

2. angec

angec Member

Omg I Love Kimchee Fried Rice :)

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

pork bone soup!! kim ja tang!!!

4. Sogaris

Sogaris Well-Known Member

I like korean hot instant noodles too, good favors

5. fruity dofu

fruity dofu Well-Known Member

oh last time i tried the korean bbq chicken and their bean sprout soup..it was so yummy..and there was also other good stuffs..forgot their name..craving for it now..X)~

6. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

KOREAN FOOD

Is not as fatty as Chinese foods! Very simple and tasty.

7. korx

korx Well-Known Member

if you non fatty food and still cheap, try vietnamese food. yummmm

8. axrustyxglove

axrustyxglove Well-Known Member

i love korean food.
    japanese food is good too.
    but korean food is the bomb yo.

9. SAMSUNGmobile

SAMSUNGmobile Member

The food looks appetizing, but I can't really take it.

10. splatjay2

splatjay2 Member

Korean food is delicious.

11. jamie_hf

jamie_hf Member

u'll making me hungry...ginseng chicken taste great, kimchi delicious...stone grill meats absolutely perfect..!

12. kaungkinmoe

kaungkinmoe Member

yook gae jjang is the best food for winter :) love it very much

13. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

I like kimchi noodles. very good. yea

14. aknpr

aknpr Member

korean food is awesome, especially korean bbq

15. dr0wningp0oL

dr0wningp0oL Well-Known Member

Korean food is good...I like Meat Jhun and mandoo i dont know if theres other names for that

16. ipepsi

ipepsi Well-Known Member

kimchi tofu soup is the best, lots of beef for mee

17. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

thumbs up to kbbq.

18. seafood tofu soup with rice is off the hook... with a side of kimchi...

19. kachi

kachi New Member

I'm Korean and I gotta say I love Viet dishes. I can't go a week without having a bowl of pho, spring rolls, and a cafe sua da. In Korea we call it olang kooksu ( although i'm Korea im pretty much a twinkie so my co-worker calls me, so my spelling is probably a little off.)

My best friends are Viet and I gotta say they're parents ask me to bring them kimchi atleast once every 2 weeks. They can't get enough of it, not just the cabbage but the white raddish also. To be honest I got fed up of them asking me so I just told them where to get the good stuff and now whenever I open thier fridge it smells like kimchi..lol.

Next time you guys go to a Korean joint try ordering the boodae jigae. Boodae meaning " Army ". But to put it simple it means " tough time stew "theres actually a story how this stew came about but I won't get into that right now. It's a stew where they bring you a pot and a hot plate and you eat while it's cooking on the hot plate. The stew has a variety of kimchi, spam, sausage, meatballs, onions, udon noodles or ramen noodles. It's a must try if your with a group of friends.
    It's one of many Korean soul food dishes.

To the question about our meals with soup, yeah most of the time we do.
    But it depends like if we are having jigae ( stew ) then that's all we have with the side dishes. But if we are having fish or kalbi then we have kook (soup). It all depends on how harty the soup is, for example sulang tang, cow tail soup, peh hanjan kook ( soy bean based soup with cabbage, string beans, delicious back pork bone with the meat cooked to perfection, so tender it just falls off the bone, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth. ) It's like the Japanese having miso soup with all their meals, it just makes the meal ohhhhh so better.

Wow, I just typed up a story, hope I didn't bore you guys. Now excuse me im going to cook up some Korea food ;p.

20. Fayjai

Fayjai Member

korean food is soooo goood.......i would like to try more of it...thanks for writing those names down....now i can try those in the resturants