Last movie you saw, v2.0

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by hiake, Sep 6, 2007.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Jurassic World

2. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

scene when he beat them up in the restaurant was pretty brutal...

have you seen 'man on fire'...pal denzel's in it...thas pretty good

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

How was AntMan?

Last movie I saw was Mad Max, awesome movie :D

4. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

Ant-Man!!! It was good. Another good movie from Marvel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Loved it, a fair share of comedy and action.

Its very unique too given the how antman works

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

kingsman with colin firth

meh was okie - not great

7. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Finally watched Life of Pi ~

It was surprisingly good, really enjoyed it ~ makes me wanna read the book....although normally I would read the book first before watching the film adaptation...:lol:

I think if Ang Lee did Avatar, i reckon the effects would be awesome as well (Y)

It was so magical and mesmerising....(Y)

8. EvilTofu

Hadn't seen any new movies yet...

I have been watching some old ones...But I did saw the terminator movie leaked...

9. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

Dont lie B-Lee.....movies that u watch everynight counts too...Tell us the titlesssssssssss:shifty:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. finally watched inside out... good movie (Y), think adults will enjoy it more than the kiddies haha

11. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

You should watch HB1, way more funnier then the sequel, they actually toned down the language I think in the 2nd one. JA was way funnier in it too. I just watched that a couple of weeks ago...

Last english movie I saw MI 5 last weekend, not bad a bit predictable, good thing there was some laughs in it.

Last HK movie, Gigolo haha wasn't too bad actually :p

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Just saw Mad Max Fury Road. It did NOT disappoint. The whole movie was one action sequence after another and it was fantastic. Let's put it this way, the original Mad Max, while stellar and groundbreaking in its time, needs to take a step back when one views this newcomer. While not necessarily a remake, it remolds the entire Mad Max world with a simplistic but compelling story line that one is easily drawn in.

MadMax RoadFury [2015] Poster 001.jpg

#2433 ralphrepo, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  13. EvilTofu

watching Helios 2015, so far so good...

14. ya'll can laugh.. but i finally watched TITS movie...lol chi lam :chichok:

15. Phoenix

James Bond - Spectre
    *pew pew pew*

Action effects was a bit ott tbh - dragged it on for a bit I felt, but I did enjoy it
    Bond always gets the girls ~ not so much nudity but suggestive scenes lol ~

They played the OST in the beginning, which was a bit meh compared to previous soundtracks by Adele, this one was by Sam Smith

~~~
    Saw the real car he used in the movie as it was on display , pretty cool

16. amano.ai

amano.ai Well-Known Member

Deadpool

It was ok sometimes I was asking myself "why am I watching this ? " (I really don't like blood) and sometimes it was funny.

17. Phoenix

I've been binge watching a lot of movies the last week and yesterday.

1) Finding Dory - WARNING, bring tissues!

Omg this film made me so emotional, me and my sis both sitting there tears coming out. (Get a hold of yourself woman!)
    Really really loved it. The short animation PIPER was pretty good as well ~ had some cute aww moments.

Definitely one I'd add to my secret Disney collection when it comes out.

2) X-Men - Apocalpse - I preferred this to Captain America unfortunately.
    I can tell that there's a possibility they'll start to introduce the Phoenix Saga.
    For the all powerful mutant baddie, he was kinda 'easily' defeated though.
    Felt for Magneto, he's just trying to live his life, would have been nice to see him reunite with his son (eventually).

Nice butt cameo from Mr Wolverine - when will he ever not be tortured/suffer from memory loss?

3) San Andreas - Can't go wrong with a bit of Dwayne Johnson
    Was an okay typical disaster movie lol

4) Black Butler - Live Action of the manga/anime

I quite liked this one, although in reality i think it would be pretty hard to kill someone with a butter knife lol

Main character was Hiro Mizushima - I like his dramas/films <3

All the costumes were pretty cool, i would say they did stay faithful to the story, minor changes but was acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Phoenix

Watched two animation movies lately which was so different from each other ~

1) Big Fish and Begonia - 大魚海棠
    Chinese animated fantasy ~ magic and all

My feelings are mixed on this one, all the effects, artwork drawings were pretty ~ has a studio ghibli feel to it which was nice.

Storyline I have mixed feelings due to it, similar themes of being able to explore once you turn old enough, making a deal with the 'witch' in exchange for your soul ~ that kinda thing.

It had a bit of one sided romance triangle to it as well , like woah this is kinda deep for an animation, made the film bittersweet for me towards the end...
    Like whyyy??? Lots of sacrifices.

Throughout the movie, it was building up to something kinda epic but the ending was a bit disappointing, was expecting more...

The music and the song by Eason Chan was pretty good

2) Sausage Party (warning, do not bring the kids to watch this! LOL)

Knew the film was guna be dirty based on the trailer but oh my, no filter whatsoever ~ like the 'adult' jokes on American Dad/Family guy is tame compared to this. The innuendos was unreal.

It was funny though everyone was laughing, but showed how dirty minded everyone in the cinema was if we understood the jokes :lol:
    There were some questionable parts in it and i learnt what was a douche was, will never look at a carton of juice in the same way for the time being.

Taking a line out of Pocahontas ~ "You'll learn things you never knew you never knew"

#2439 Phoenix, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  19. Phoenix

Recent films i managed to watch sometime last month.

1) Zootopia - I quite enjoyed this one.
    It did make me cry at some parts to the point where my bf was threatening to stop the film -sweat

I hope they do make a sequel - Judy/Nick's friendship is pretty cute.

2) Keanu - I had no idea what I was watching , saw a kitten on the cover - so hey why not?
    Some parts was pretty random and dramatic, it was kinda funny? and the main character (Keanu) so cute :)

3) Ghostbusters (new one) - i didn't mind that it was an all girls team - fresh take on it plus there was plenty of cameos from the originals series so that was nice continuity.

Chris Hemsworth's character was so dumb, yeah he was good eye candy but so...mong.....

Looking forward to potential sequels.