Last movie you saw, v2.0

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by hiake, Sep 6, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

It's a French film by Kim Chapiron, but I THINK he is of Indian descent... But it is a FRENCH film!!!

2. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Lol. THANKS for clearing that up

So is it any good? I feel like watching a good horror film right now.

3. hiake

No, not really.

For a good horror... Hmmm, let me think what's the last horror film I've seen... None comes to mind sorry >.<

You can always see SAW I (which was actually good) again... because, if you ask me, I won't recommend Sheitan NOR Frontiere(s) unless you get off from torture p*rn...

4. hiake

Saw Chacun son Cinema, a collective of 3-minutes segments dedicated to Fellini and Cannes Film Festival in celebration of its 60th anniversary this year. The list of directors participating in this project is impressive, including Asia's very own Wong Kar-Wai (HK), Zhang Yimou (CN), Kaige Chen (CN), Hsiao-hsien Hou (TW), Ming-liang Tsai (TW), Takeshi Kitano (JP) and other masters of their trade such as Roman Polanski, Gus van Sant, Lars von Trier, Coen brothers, David Cronenberg, Jane Champion, Michael Cimino, Atom Egoyan, Ken Loach, Walter Salles, Wim Wenders and also David Lynch in its special edition. The segments ranges from awesome to average to cliche to outright bizarre, but it's quite a treat to see how each director envision cinema in 3 minutes.

However, I can certainly tell you it isn't the best film I've seen in TIFF, this one doesn't even make it into the top 5...

Then there's Caramel, which turns out to be quite a hidden gem... It's a very womanly film, talking about personal struggles, but the direction was solid and moving. Pretty surprisingly good debut film for the new director... And yeah, guys should fish out their pen and paper and take notes while seeing this film (which I know they will be sitting through the film against their will -devil)

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i watched 'howls moving castle'

[​IMG]

so so so so so so so so so so goooooooddddd i loved it so muchy...so cute in places...loved turnip head....he was so seee-weeet...xxxxxx nearly made me cry

#45 brown_bear, Sep 15, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  6. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

^ Thanks 4 giving away the plot brown_bear. That was so good of u. lol. It came on TV several months ago but i wasnt really into it. was just flicking through the channels. I have watched Princess MONOKE though and i have to say that alongside HERO (Jet-Li's movie), it is one of the most beautiful piece of film ive ever seen. It was absolutely brilliant. The soundtrack is so beautiful as well. Its one of my favourite animated movies ever.

7. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Wait why would I have to take notes? -unsure

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

just watched "Harsh Times" which came out last year though lol, christian bale talking gangsta and shit and being racist to asians, good acting though, the atmosphere was gritty (takes place in south central L.A.), overall good movie...

9. hiake

I think I fell in love with Howl just because KimuTaku provided the voice... And oh, the quote "Now I'm repulsive. -- I can't live like this. -- I see no point in living if I can't be beautiful." is just hilarious. -lol

Because there are things that guys never notice which got SLAPPED on screen during that film. So it would do you, which includes any given guy, a lot of good if you take note -^_^

PS> Will talk about the 4 films I saw today... when I get around to do it... -tongue2

10. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

haven''t seen any movies for awhile.. i think my last one was rush hour 3?

11. brown_bear

it wasnt the plot entirely.....my bad..i'll edit my post :).....i liked howls moving castle and thought it was really gooooodd..so cute in places..didnt really like princess monoke one...love loved spirited away though :D

hahaha i watched that a while back and thought it sucked...

12. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I thought I was the only one on PA who watched and hated it. *Hi 5 BBear*

I watched the Bleach movie for some reason unknown to me. It was predictable, pointless, boring, and just plain bad.

13. brown_bear

^ woot wot *hi 5*

yeshhh i prefered rush hour 2 so muchyyy....in fact i -sleep watching the 3rd one...watched begining missed the middle watched the end....-rotfl

14. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I wished I slept through it. It was down right terrible.

15. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

I watched Children of Men on the weekend. I really have no idea why I missed out on this film last year. Even though it does leave a lot of questions unanswered. It was still thrilling and well-made.

16. hiake

I totally missed that film as well (and has yet to catch it), how did Clive Owen do in that film? He can be a tad bit disappointing in his acting at times... :(

17. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

He was good. Not great, but good.

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

I need to watch that too, heard so much positive things about it, i Lol'ed at Clive Owen in "Closer," he was good there...

19. hiake

Better than Inside Man and Shoot 'em Up, I hope?

20. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Definitely better than Shoot 'em Up. Every single actor sucked in that movie.