Last movie you saw, v2.0

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by hiake, Sep 6, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i was serious -mellow , yea the bourne series was the shit....matt damon does have a bitchy persona in oceans 11 and stuff though. but he was also good in The Departed...

2. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

^the departed. one movie i dont think i'll ever watch. loved the original too much. i hate remakes. they always just kill it. plus, i'm sorry but DiCaprio is just no tony leung. everytime i see that guy, all i think of is, "i'll never let go jack. i'll never let go..."

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lmao....you can't attach roles to actors....well that daniel dude will always be harry potter in my eyes haha... but departed was good, gotta watch it lee lee. jack nicholson was hilarious and martin scorsese rarely disappoints...

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

the camera work is supposed to be like the Blair witch project.

cloverfield is shot like a documentary apparently, but with monsters so its like way shakier.

apparently some movie theatres have put up warnings that the movie can cause motion sickness

5. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

27 dresses... Not a fan of Katherine Heigl (to be frank, not a fan of anything Grey's Anatomy, somehow that show never interested me)

Cloverfield sounds kind of good (when you need some vomit-inducing camera work) if I don't have to pay a dime and get real cinematic experience complete with DTS...

6. lee-lee

ummmmm...i'll think about it. maybeeeeee...when i'm really really really bored.

i agree with the katherine heigl and grey's anatomy thing. never understood the big deal behind that show. that and desperate housewives. total bore if u ask me.
    the only reason i wanna see it is cause it's a romantic comedy. those are like MY movies.

7. [​IMG]

watched this last night... almost fell asleep during the first half... hahaha... but really touched in the end...

8. hiake

I rarely go see chick flicks in cinemas... Figure I can have the laughter (and ohhh moments) at home just the same :p Unlike horror (which the whole atmosphere became NECESSARY) or big budget blockbusters (read: Harry Potter type pointless flicks), which I need the big screen and good sound to justify me sitting through (thus wasting $$ and time) AT ALL...

9. lee-lee

i agree. but sometimes it's just nice to go out and have date night with ur girl-friends u know? i could never EVER go watch horror films in cinemas. i would cry cause i get soooo scared. i am NOT one for scary movies.

10. [​IMG]

You have to see Juno!!! best film in 2007 for me.... asia or america films!

powerful film about life....it's getting good raves for Oscars and the Golden Globes.

love seeing small movies get huge success...shows you...you dont need big star lineups to make a good film.

it's a chick flick but you'll be amazed at how well this film played out.......my favorite film from hollywood in many years.

(if someone mentioned Juno in previous pages....thumbs up! cause i didn't get a chance to read ALL the pages here.)

#590 shinobi, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  11. it's got pretty good ratings on IMDB.com... i'll sure check it out when the DVD rip's available -lol

12. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Eastern Promises.
    Bloody well done. I didn't expect that little twist at the end.
    Definitely enjoyed it.

13. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

^ i was going to watch that with my friend
    but then someone told me viggo mortensen got butt naked and i was like NEVERMIND

14. Knoctur_nal

Look past that now young one.
    Keep away from the adult oriented flicks now las.

15. xmichelly

but those are the best .. lol
    well if i ever watch it, i'll definitely walk out of the room until the nudity is over >.<

16. Knoctur_nal

Then you will also miss the highlighted graphic fight scene.

17. xmichelly

i'm pretty sure i'd rather miss a fight scene than see someone naked-ohmy

18. hiake

Juno was awesome wasn't it? Funny as hell yet at the same time kind of sad... I don't know, I am being sentimental or something :p

But big star lineup... I guess Ellen Page counts (she was quite well acclaimed in the critics circle for her work in Hard Candy) and perhaps Michael Cera (a la Superbad fame)?

Twist? What twist? That whole thing was so totally predictable...

Which was unnecessarily naked... I mean, what's the point of him being starker in them? None, except for the possible "edge" value.

19. Knoctur_nal

and a plan is formulated...when watching the flick..something distracts you when the nudity appears...

20. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol pretty prudish of you :p

the human body isn't a big deal, people have just turned nakedness into such a taboo thing. in the end its just all biology.