Last movie you saw, v2.0

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by hiake, Sep 6, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

I actually kinda liked Inside Man lol, the acting wasn't too good but the "toy guns" was priceless...

2. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Mr. Brooks. Was a cool entertaining film, quite predicatable at times but still very enjoyable in which the viewer is going to identificate with a serial killer instead of with the good guy/cop. Noticed I wasn't the only twisted person in the cinema when half of the public went laughing out loud at a certain scene. :D

(I can't bring myself to write a film review in English, certainly not at 4am) -boat

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Last Saturday I saw:

La Citadelle Assiegee
    A French documentary-drama about a warfare between African Termites and normadic black ants.

Vikaren (The Substitute)
    A Denish family-friendly comedy drama about a substitute teacher who the class of sixth-graders suspect is an alien.

It's a Free World
    English realism director Ken Loach release this drama about a woman starting a recuitment agency for low-paying workers.

A L'interieur
    French horror/thriller about a pregnant woman trapped in her bathroom with a murderous stranger in her house. Loads of blood involved...

Detail reviews in this thread: The Movie Review and Discussion Thread

4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ you watched 4 movies in one day -ohmy...

i watched my sassy girl and its soo good...made me -cry2 at the end so muchyy

definately recommended!!

5. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

Great taste! spirited away is really great.. just watched it for the third time last week. Haven't had the chance to watch howl's yet though..

recent movies watched:
    Ratatouille - great comedy.. and captivating too.
    Simpsons - funny.. but lame as expected
    Bourne - i like the series and this jason character.. not like james bond.. more realistic and less of a 'super hero' kinda character. and its through the actions that we appreciate his wits in handling tight situations w/o prior planning.

6. hiake

I thought the best part of Simpsons was the first 5 minutes, and then it goes downhill...

7. xiaojia

haha.. yea.. the story was pretty bad.. but i wasnt expecting much in the first place anyway.. pure lame entertainment.. which is good once a while

8. hiake

That's true... I probably would have liked it better if I am a Simpsons fan...

9. brown_bear

^ maybe maybe...as i thought the simpsons movie was great -worship

10. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

What's sad is the movie was funnier than most of the episodes for the past 5 or so? Based on the ones I watched.

#70 khaotic, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  11. xiaojia

haha.. tats really quite sad.. but at least the movie did it some justice then. i 've never watched Simpsons on tv.. so i wouldn't know.

12. hiake

13. brown_bear

i watched this a few days backkkkk

[​IMG]

it is soooooo cuteeeeeee

14. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

Had the Star Wars collection for some time now. Untill recently, its just been sitting on my hard drive. I finally decided to check them out. Watched episode 1 - The Phantom Menace. Thought it was really good. I really like Natalie Portman for some reason. She's not the best looking actress, but she just has that quality. I dont quite know what it is though? I really liked her in Garden State too and ofcourse the brilliant Leon (also known as The Professional). Anyway shall continue to watch the Star Wars episodes and hopefully they wont dissapoint.

Also watched Wild Hogs. What a crap movie!!! A ridiculous plot, no good actors or acting for that matter and it wasnt even funny. It was just one of those movies (one that i watched so many times) where you continue to watchit till the end hoping that something good will happen in the next few minutes but that moment never comes. Wasted a few hours downloading it but u cant really predict nowadays that a movie will be good or not. U have to see for yourself.

15. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

saw rush hour 3 yesterday...
    unfortunately i thought the 1st and second were better. But it still had funny parts in it :p

16. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Dogville, a really unique movie that points out the things in life that we will probably want to remain secrets forever. Probably would review later lol. And also Hot Fuzz, Live Free or Die Hard, Phantom of the Opera and other stuff (watched lots of movies that i missed out on recently...)

17. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

Saw Undisputed last night on BBC1. Surprisingly it was quite good. Wesley Snipes usually bores me to death with his Steven Segal type acting but this movie was quite good. A good boxing movie.

18. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

19. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Die Hard 4 and currently Sunshine

20. hiake

I was told that Die Hard 4 was good until somewhere around midway... Then the bad guys (and girls) start dying for no apparent reason. As if they kind of forgot to carry their brain power and intelligence over to the second half of the film...

Not sure if I want to see it...