Last movie you saw, v2.0

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by hiake, Sep 6, 2007.

1. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

haha.. that reminds me of the times when i watched anime and tvb series dvd.. can watch non-stop.. wake up watch, eat, watch, sleep.. but was during hols though.. :p

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lol but if it wasn't that way something bad would happen lol...just like dustin hoffman said the novel was good the way it was lol...

4. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I liked the build-up for the "ending", but loved the ending even more, since the tension (on Thompson and on Farrell) was beautifully done. Thompson did a marvelous job in portraying the "author with writer's-block-induced-depression".

While I agree with Hoffman that the novel was good the way it was, I found truth in Thompson's rebuttal also:

And really, as an author, not killing her character definitely will surprise her readers -pirate

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ yea that quote kinda explains it, the moral or point of the story was shifting in another direction anyways, therefore she can change the conclusion.

6. hiake

I loved the part where she typed "The phone rang" -- Then her office phone rings. And she typed "The phone rang again" -- her phone rings a second time. She was definitely freaked out by it, but she typed "The phone rang a third time." -- and when it rings the third time, she rushs to pick up the phone.

That part was kind of tense. And funny at once.

"I am Harold Crick, her main character."

7. xiaojia

^ that so reminds me of the chinese show 'recycled'.. where whatever the author wrote started to happen.. and she was writing a ghost story..

8. hiake

I saw that film during last year's After Dark Horrorfest!!! Although definitely not the absolute best from Pang brothers and Angelica Lee. I liked that film, the ending was awesome! And Angelica Lee was kind of cool... -sweat

But there are certain sequences I found very familiar like from Silent Hill and Mirror Mask...

9. xiaojia

^ haha.. i actually only like the plot and twist.. which of cos includes the ending. but the story telling part.. hmm not so great.. if you know what i mean.. some parts of the film don't really link together.. and a bit contrived.. jus to fit into the whole 'recycle' idea. plus the ghosts look more lame than scary. a problem i find in most chinese ghost movies..

10. hiake

The scary part WAS more lame than scary, but I liked the fantastical underworld... Some of the computer animation was kind of lacking but the idea and the mood was there -^_^

11. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

Watched Recycle a while back. thought it was rubbish. lol. there was only one scene which kinda made me jump. the bit where the author came into her house n in the background there was the typical tall long figure. it was good how they did that. i agree with xiaojia about the comment where some scenes werent really placed well in the movie. it was like a couple of movies in one. lol.
    if u like realistic looking gruesome blood scenes. u should watch R-Point or Mizuchi (also known as Death Water). neither were any good btw. lol. they are both japanese by the way.

12. xiaojia

^ r-point is korean.. haha

13. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

^sorry. my bad. oh n to answer ur question bout me finishing uni in my Best Korean movies thread. i withdrew from my course cause it did not utilize my abilities. i didnt really like the course. i decided to work on web designing at home instead. uni is not 4 everyone.

14. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

The Kingdom.
    Better than i expected.

15. hiake

How good is "better than I expected"??? Were the action sequences exciting?

16. Knoctur_nal

It was as real as could get in an Hollywood film.
    I really got into the camera work.
    I just kept thinking how real the situations and themes in the movie were.
    Like i kept hearing, the last 30 minutes had a pretty intense action sequence.

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Just watched Grindhouse: Planet Terror, still gotta watch Death Proof though lol. The movie just plays with the audience soo much lol, a corny but funny "horror" movie, it served it's purpose...

18. Knoctur_nal

i enjoyed that flick..dirty ass ghetto...but hey..rob rodrig..

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^even the picture quality was purposely made ghetto haha, but the "missing reel" in the middle, that was hilarious. I heard Death Proof was more boring though, still gotta watch it.

20. Knoctur_nal

yeah..proff wasnst all that...quint lost it on that one...p terror def the better of the two...